Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Toals in the Town has installed Sean og as favourite for the Down job after guiding Newry Mitchells to the junior quarter final.

lumpitin

kerr and ryan magill out massive blow for burren. Kilcoo to win easy

Cuan12

Question for Smurf and the soccer heads from the point when was the last time there was a clean sweep of county titles from south down because I have a feeling all is coming east !!

ScarvaLegend

Quote from: Cuan12 on November 06, 2021, 05:24:36 PM
Question for Smurf and the soccer heads from the point when was the last time there was a clean sweep of county titles from south down because I have a feeling all is coming east !!

This aged well.

SHEEDY

what's this fascination with south versus east all about?
What a smash and grab win for the kingdom, Darragh cross will be devastated, they had match won comfortably.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mourne Red

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 06, 2021, 06:45:11 PM
what's this fascination with south versus east all about?
What a smash and grab win for the kingdom, Darragh cross will be devastated, they had match won comfortably.

Stupid comment that keeps getting brought up that East vs South. Glad Kingdom won so that crap gets nipped in the bud

thewobbler

Anyone who believes in the importance/significance/mystical power of a fictional line across our county should be beaten over the head, very hard and very often, with a very solid spade.

quit yo jibbajabba

Totally agree.
But South Derry >>>>>>>>> North Derry.

Its much safer to say that in here 😃😉

Downtothewire

Quote from: thewobbler on November 06, 2021, 07:54:11 PM
Anyone who believes in the importance/significance/mystical power of a fictional line across our county should be beaten over the head, very hard and very often, with a very solid spade.

100% agree the East Down / South Down thing is nonsense. The sooner the divisional boards / committees are dismantled the better as it only perpetuates division. Surely an all county youth committee could run go games and U13 Leagues. From my experience the other underage leagues U15 and U17 have benefited from going all county.

ApresMatch

WTF was Paul Falloon doing linesman for last night? The best referee in Down and he's on the line. An insult to the players who train like fk all year and invest. A county final is not a place to give a ref a go. Gribben didn't see the harm in giving the team getting beat a few handy ones last night. Wouldn't have happened if Brannigan or Falloon were on the whistle. Not acceptable!

ScarvaLegend

Quote from: ApresMatch on November 07, 2021, 08:37:57 AM
WTF was Paul Falloon doing linesman for last night? The best referee in Down and he's on the line. An insult to the players who train like fk all year and invest. A county final is not a place to give a ref a go. Gribben didn't see the harm in giving the team getting beat a few handy ones last night. Wouldn't have happened if Brannigan or Falloon were on the whistle. Not acceptable!

As a neutral I thought the ref had a very good game. I think your club bias has prompted such an unwarranted attack on an official which you should retract. If I were a Darragh man this morning I'd be asking questions about the game management of the team, not incorrectly slating a ref who quite frankly did little (to no) wrong. Your keeper had a decent game up until the second goal, it is a cardinal sin to have zero command of your six yard box as a stopper.

stiff breeze

Quote from: ApresMatch on November 07, 2021, 08:37:57 AM

Gribben had a very solid game and was consistent with his decisions on high tackles , over carrying and general fouls . Darragh cross had about 70% possession in the game and should have had it dead and buried . I'd say Paul would be the first man keen to give other referees big games , otherwise how do they progress , sour grapes me thinks after big money management appointments and still no silverware

terrifictommy

Yeah I'm pretty sure Paul would be first to support others getting a chance. I was told my someone in co board this week that they were pushing the newer refs into bigger games to get them experience for future years. Makes sense when we seen the semi and final appointments. And sure why not 
Conceding two goals in last couple of mins cost them a medal in a game they had full control of for 57 mins. But what a feeling that must be for An Riocht, fair play to them. I hope they enjoy that and move through Ulster.

befair

Kilcoo vastly superior; Burren panicking

Mourne Red

O'Rourke not going to be the Down manager then seeing as he's into Ulster Club