Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Red

Seen a lot of clamour for wee James to get the job.. He's not the answer and we should stay clear, had a torrid time with the Minors. Harte would be a dream appointment for me would grip the supporters and players a like.

ardtole

Down 10 points up approaching half time.

Nanderson

Very good performance from the U20's. Very lively and well set up. Interesting to see how far they can go

ardtole

I see donegal beat tyrone and  monaghan beat derry.

ardtole

SHEEDY

Great win. Seems a long time since any Down team beat another Ulster County that easily at any level. Hopefully they can push on now.
nil satis nisi optimum

ardtole

Was thinking the same myself Sheedy, impressive away win fir sure.

ardtole

Another thread has us down to play Fermanagh in the semi final.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: Truth hurts on July 09, 2021, 11:51:20 AM
well the 3 Johnstons, Connaire Harrison, Pat Havern, Sean Dornan, Dabs Brannigan and Johny Parr are some that quickly spring to mind.

And yes I know Johny is not playing with Rostrevor but for me, he is the best keeper in the county

Oh my god here we go again beating the crap out of a drum that ain't going to make a difference. Each management is entitled to pick who they want to - and even though Tally sat down in a personal meeting with the Branagan's to get them into the fold - they still refused - what more does he do?? Feed their sheep before training, sit up with them during lambing season, take them to mass each weekend???? 

Anyway - good performance tonight - Cavan are poor and we beat them well at minor level too so don't get carried away with this.. we now move forward to Fermanagh and watch as the big guns on the other side of the draw beat each other. Sounds a bit like Euro 2021!!!!
Surprised at some of the selections on the team tonight tbh but got the job done so can't question it..

thewobbler

Well done to the u20s.

I'd a lagging fear based on the past decade that we'd be more fart than shit. But it was controlled, accomplished - and it does look like there's more to come. Well done lads.

Smurfy123

Paddy Tally has not brought Down football forward
He came in with big expectations and it didn't happen
Great win for the under 20s
Team selection wrong? They were outstanding
Give that management team the senior post
Stop looking back to the past
A young fresh new management team let them build for the future
An Dun ABU

To all who had a go at me for saying the ckub leagues would start on the 24th? Really?
What now lads if as expected Down beat Fermanagh. We need to give these under 20s the best possible chance of winning something

Smurfy123

I wasn't a big advocate of that Corn an Duin but went to the match tonight in Mayobridge
Jesus what a game of football
Longstone probably the better team in normal time but Clonduff shaded it after extra time
The fitness levels of both teams looked to be through the roof
How did Longstone ever end up in division 2
Down have missed a trick not getting the league going
Looking forward to tomorrow's match. I think it will be like a championship match

Down Follower

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 10, 2021, 09:53:45 PM
I wasn't a big advocate of that Corn an Duin but went to the match tonight in Mayobridge
Jesus what a game of football
Longstone probably the better team in normal time but Clonduff shaded it after extra time
The fitness levels of both teams looked to be through the roof
How did Longstone ever end up in division 2
Down have missed a trick not getting the league going
Looking forward to tomorrow's match. I think it will be like a championship match

Me too. Think Reds will take The Hoops 😁

terrifictommy

Smurfy, in that heat too. Not sure I'm a fan of it still though, we could have first part of league over and I don't see benefit. Clonduff look any better than last year?
Are today's games on Pairc TV?

Smurfy123

Tommy no still not a fan of it but it was as good as match as I have seen in a long long time
2 teams playing proper football
Clonduff looked good very fit and move the ball well going forward.
Clonduff have underachieved for years with that group. Will that Tyrone man take them to the next level
They are 1 of 4 teams that could potentially take Kilcoo
Now I'm not saying they will btw