Quote from: Itchy on December 07, 2021, 09:04:46 AM
So what's all the fuss about?

It was you that was looking forward to the "big purple thing" coming your way

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 07, 2021, 09:16:55 AM

Mass Hysteria fueled by media trying to blow up a story for our consumption. They will be frantically trying to find someone who was hit on the head by a branch today to justify the whole thing. All I can see outside is my stupid neighbour left his bins out and his rubbish is blowing all over the road - maybe I should call RTE?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on December 07, 2021, 10:00:41 AM

Mass Hysteria fueled by media trying to blow up a story for our consumption. They will be frantically trying to find someone who was hit on the head by a branch today to justify the whole thing. All I can see outside is my stupid neighbour left his bins out and his rubbish is blowing all over the road - maybe I should call RTE?

In fairness we have closed a few branches as we don't want people heading out for appointments in the Cork/Kerry/Clare areas
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2021, 10:05:37 AM
Quote from: Itchy on December 07, 2021, 10:00:41 AM

In fairness we have closed a few branches as we don't want people heading out for appointments in the Cork/Kerry/Clare areas

Fair enough, they are red alert areas getting the worst of it. I am telling you counties in "yellow" areas have closed down too.

laoislad

I'm in an Orange area and it's only a bit of a breeze outside. They definitely could have went to school.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: laoislad on December 07, 2021, 10:16:34 AM
I'm in an Orange area and it's only a bit of a breeze outside. They definitely could have went to school.

It is only arriving-pretty bad here in Derry

Tony Baloney

It's not that many years ago that this would just have been categorised as a windy night/day but now everyone has to panic about the "storm" coming.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 07, 2021, 10:21:33 AM

I'm in Ballymena, bad enough without the wind I hear you say, but there are some big enough branches down and completely miserable outside, will be sticking to the main roads home
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Snapchap

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 07, 2021, 10:53:35 AM
It's not that many years ago that this would just have been categorised as a windy night/day but now everyone has to panic about the "storm" coming.

Agreed. Sicken your hole. Every wet and windy day has to have a storm name now. Laughable.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Snapchap on December 07, 2021, 10:58:38 AM

Agreed. Sicken your hole. Every wet and windy day has to have a storm name now. Laughable.

Is it named after 'our' Barra? the weather man lol

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2021, 10:57:13 AM

I'm in Ballymena, bad enough without the wind I hear you say, but there are some big enough branches down and completely miserable outside, will be sticking to the main roads home
Stay safe in that Orange area
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 07, 2021, 11:53:06 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2021, 10:57:13 AM

Stay safe in that Orange area

Its a pretty green area where I am ;), and Polish to, so red and white

armaghniac

Easy to say, but even the last storm killed that teacher from Maghera and this one is more serious for Ireland.

Anyhow for those that want to see where the big purple yoke is now
https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-10.08,51.76,3917/loc=-14.873,53.394
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: armaghniac on December 07, 2021, 12:18:29 PM

Easy to say, but even the last storm killed that teacher from Maghera and this one is more serious for Ireland.

Anyhow for those that want to see where the big purple yoke is now
https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-10.08,51.76,3917/loc=-14.873,53.394

I am not belittling the passing of someone killed in a storm but you do know people are getting killed every day in car crashes caused by rain, wind, potholes etc. You cant shut the whole swathes of the country down for a day to protect us against. From where I am sitting, 500m from the Atlantic Ocean, this is no worse than what we will get countless times between now and next February.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2021, 11:49:55 AM

Is it named after 'our' Barra? the weather man lol
It actually is!