Weather

Started by Lucius Fox, August 07, 2008, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

NFL Game and College Games both called off in Miami, so I wouldn't be heading there anyway. Head West.

Oraisteach

Rois, I think the Iceman is giving good advice.  It looks almost certain that S Florida will get walloped, so if I were you, I'd be off to LA.  I'm in N Florida, and people here are showing signs of panic.  Last night, couldn't buy either water or gasoline.

armaghniac

I'm not sure why there is such a panic for water. Can people not just keep a few empty containers in the house and just fill it from the tap before the crisis?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on September 06, 2017, 05:32:07 PM
I'm not sure why there is such a panic for water. Can people not just keep a few empty containers in the house and just fill it from the tap before the crisis?

Your are being funny??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

all of our drinking water is filtered through the fridge. Most people I know in america and most places I have lived do the same. Theres 7 in our house. If there is no water for a week think about how much we need just to drink never mind to wash or flush a toilet

i've been through two hurricanes in NJ - it isn't pretty
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2017, 05:51:14 PM

Your are being funny??

No. Are you?

Quote from: The Iceman on September 06, 2017, 06:57:56 PM
all of our drinking water is filtered through the fridge. Most people I know in america and most places I have lived do the same. Theres 7 in our house. If there is no water for a week think about how much we need just to drink never mind to wash or flush a toilet

A couple of yokes like this, filled up in advance, is the job. Not queuing in Albertsons, although some food might be found there.
https://www.amazon.com/Etna-4495-50-gallon-Portable-Barrel/dp/B007EM2YCE/

Rois

We're on a flight out of Orlando to LA on Sat morn. We can be flexible if we need to leave earlier.
Our priority was to get off the ship and onto mainland USA so about to fly from Jamaica this afternoon.
Bizzare though, the cruise company haven't mentioned it, despite fact that the ship is due into Havana on Sat. We felt like criminals trying to escape.

The Iceman

Quote from: armaghniac on September 06, 2017, 07:13:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2017, 05:51:14 PM

Your are being funny??

No. Are you?

Quote from: The Iceman on September 06, 2017, 06:57:56 PM

A couple of yokes like this, filled up in advance, is the job. Not queuing in Albertsons, although some food might be found there.
https://www.amazon.com/Etna-4495-50-gallon-Portable-Barrel/dp/B007EM2YCE/
I have a swimming pool full of water that will do the job for flushing toilets if need be
got cases of drinking water there at Costco - 5 cases for $25 - will keep us rightly
have a case of brown bottles with blue labels too that will keep the thirst away if necessary
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

J70

Stay safe Iceman. I have immediate family members and cousins in SW Florida. Some leaving, some not yet sure.

Boycey

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=18.1;-65.8;5&l=gust

Looks horrendous, if you move to the right you can see the next one forming behind it, hurricane Jose..

The Iceman

Quote from: J70 on September 06, 2017, 09:01:55 PM
Stay safe Iceman. I have immediate family members and cousins in SW Florida. Some leaving, some not yet sure.
the joys of living stateside!

armaghniac

Quote from: Boycey on September 06, 2017, 09:40:50 PM
https://www.ventusky.com/?p=18.1;-65.8;5&l=gust

Looks horrendous, if you move to the right you can see the next one forming behind it, hurricane Jose..

Trump will never allow a Jose into the US.

omaghjoe

Its looks like the literal perfect storm, a terrible beauty no doubt

Iceman
Didnt know ye moved, Seattle freeze prob doesnt sound too bad at the mo?

Rois

Just been out with the good folk of South Florida GAA. They are glad the football is next weekend. 

The Iceman

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 07, 2017, 04:15:18 AM
Its looks like the literal perfect storm, a terrible beauty no doubt

Iceman
Didnt know ye moved, Seattle freeze prob doesnt sound too bad at the mo?
Still take east coast people any day - they're weird in the west and Seattle probably tops that bill