Weather

Started by Lucius Fox, August 07, 2008, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

dec

All public transport, including subways will shut down completely at 11pm tonight and there will be a travel ban on all non emergency vehicles so the city will really be shut down tomorrow.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: J70 on January 26, 2015, 05:11:06 PM
On the bright side (maybe :p), I will now get to see the Liverpool Chelsea game tomorrow!

Same as that, Job closed tomorrow  :D

armaghniac

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 26, 2015, 10:37:01 PM
On the bright side (maybe :p), I will now get to see the Liverpool Chelsea game tomorrow!

Haven't you handy times over in America.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on January 26, 2015, 10:40:31 PM

Haven't you handy times over in America.
Saft as shite them boys.

dec

The "benefit" of remote desktop, I'll be working tomorrow.

dec

Looks like the storm ended up a little further east than expected. NYC not as bad as expected but Long Island was dumped on pretty bad. They are going to have the subways and bus service back up and running with reduced service this morning.

J70

Quote from: dec on January 27, 2015, 01:32:49 PM
Looks like the storm ended up a little further east than expected. NYC not as bad as expected but Long Island was dumped on pretty bad. They are going to have the subways and bus service back up and running with reduced service this morning.

Plenty of whinging about overkill and inaccurate forecasts. Of course,  if the governors and mayor had put their heads in the sand and said "f**k it" and the storm had instead shifted west, the same idiots would've screaming about incompetence.

NAG1

what are the predictions for here later in the week? Is it going to cause disruption or will it be low level stuff.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: NAG1 on January 27, 2015, 01:46:10 PM
what are the predictions for here later in the week? Is it going to cause disruption or will it be low level stuff.
It will mostly be found on the ground.  ;)

NAG1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 27, 2015, 01:49:45 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 27, 2015, 01:46:10 PM
It will mostly be found on the ground.  ;)

Apart from the stuff on the roof Tony of course  ;)

Hereiam

Don't think its going to be too bad NAG for anyone that doesn't  live on the Glenshane pass.....then your fcuked  ;D

omagh_gael

This is only the beginning, Amber warning of snow through to tomorrow and then a lull before a biting northerly wind comes in Saturday. The met office have issued further yellow warnings for Saturday through to midnight Sunday.

muppet

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 28, 2015, 04:57:23 PM
This is only the beginning, Amber warning of snow through to tomorrow and then a lull before a biting northerly wind comes in Saturday. The met office have issued further yellow warnings for Saturday through to midnight Sunday.

Do NOT eat any of the amber or yellow snow!
MWWSI 2017

Harold Disgracey