Weather

Started by Lucius Fox, August 07, 2008, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballela-angel

Any posters in upstate New York?

No, but I normally go there to fish this time of year - Glad I didn't go there this week!
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: moysider on November 20, 2014, 12:18:25 AM

On a more serious note, feral mountain goats were seen dossing about Pontoon road yesterday morning. Sure sign cold snap is nigh -from people that have been driving the road for years.  :-\

Bollox - last time I saw them was in August
Hasta la victoria siempre

orangeman

4 foot of snow on its way.

Hereiam

Don't think it will be that bad Orangeman. Its the wind for Wednesday night that I would be more worried about. Looking like its gona get pretty rough

Carmen Stateside

Heading out to work right now.  24 - 36 inches of snow expected to fall today and tonight here in NY.  May get an extra hour or two in bed tomorrow :D

bamboo

I'm heading to New York on Thursday week(5th Feb)- will all be ok by then?

heganboy

in midtown manhattan and its shitty out there. We are sending everyone home at 12, and mandatory from home day tomorrow. Not sure we'll see the full 3 feet everyone is shouting about, but even half of that with the strong winds will be an absolute shit show. Power lines will be out, mass transit will take a big hit, and they are saying that there will be a whiteout for driving. Would want to be a quare medical emergency to drive in that.
Mind you having said that, the world's worst drivers all seem to come to the north east USA to show off their abject lack of skills. There is also an assumption that their car drives the same in the snow as it does on a dry warm road...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

muppet

Quote from: heganboy on January 26, 2015, 02:47:03 PM
in midtown manhattan and its shitty out there. We are sending everyone home at 12, and mandatory from home day tomorrow. Not sure we'll see the full 3 feet everyone is shouting about, but even half of that with the strong winds will be an absolute shit show. Power lines will be out, mass transit will take a big hit, and they are saying that there will be a whiteout for driving. Would want to be a quare medical emergency to drive in that.
Mind you having said that, the world's worst drivers all seem to come to the north east USA to show off their abject lack of skills. There is also an assumption that their car drives the same in the snow as it does on a dry warm road...

I'd hate to drive an automatic in snow.
MWWSI 2017

J70

We are out at 1 today and, barring some unforseen change in the storm, tomorrow too. As you say, the standard of driving in this city is nothing short of shocking, so I am not looking forward to the commute home.  At least I have AWD.

J70

On the bright side (maybe :p), I will now get to see the Liverpool Chelsea game tomorrow!

J70

Quote from: muppet on January 26, 2015, 04:36:56 PM

Never had any problems myself.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: bamboo on January 26, 2015, 12:40:08 PM
I'm heading to New York on Thursday week(5th Feb)- will all be ok by then?

You'll be grand.  They're pretty quick at getting the roads cleared here.  Pavements will be a bit messy, particularly at crossings, so bring a pair of winter boots.

muppet

Quote from: J70 on January 26, 2015, 05:15:00 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 26, 2015, 04:36:56 PM

Never had any problems myself.

Do they still have the two low gears?
MWWSI 2017

bamboo

Cheers Jell, exactly what I was hoping to hear. Stay safe all.

heganboy

Quote from: J70 on January 26, 2015, 05:11:06 PM
On the bright side (maybe :p), I will now get to see the Liverpool Chelsea game tomorrow!
heres hoping the power stays on
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity