Weather

Started by Lucius Fox, August 07, 2008, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteThink of the poor masters who might have to stay at home.

Would that be a master beator?

My cousin is a teacher in Canada, where snow is not exactly uncommon and she has the winter tyres etc on the yoke. When the schools are closed she can't take a duvet day but has to go to the nearest school, which in her case she could walk to.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on January 17, 2013, 08:47:16 PM
Think of the poor masters who might have to stay at home.
Is it one flake that triggers the day off?

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 17, 2013, 09:46:31 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 17, 2013, 08:47:16 PM
Think of the poor masters who might have to stay at home.
Is it one flake that triggers the day off?

The threat of a flake. Preemptive brilliance.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Any snow reports? Just pissing down here in Derry City, doesnt seem cold enough for snow either- 4 degrees at present

tyrone girl

Woke up this morning thinking the place was gonna be covered!!  Doesnt feel cold enough.
Starting a bit here in Dungannon more like light sleet at this stage though.

Hereiam

Don't worry Tyrone girl its on its way. This time tomorrow will be fun

Nally Stand

Carrickmore getting fairly covered now
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ziggy90

White stuff lashing down here in Birmingham. Went out to work this morning after being told the site had been passed as safe (any clown could see no-one could could work outside) an hour later told to go home as the site was unsafe :o. The drive to work usually takes about 20/25 minutes, it took me an hour 3/4 to get home.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ludermor

Quote from: ziggy90 on January 18, 2013, 12:00:18 PM
White stuff lashing down here in Birmingham. Went out to work this morning after being told the site had been passed as safe (any clown could see no-one could could work outside) an hour later told to go home as the site was unsafe :o. The drive to work usually takes about 20/25 minutes, it took me an hour 3/4 to get home.
same here in london , started getting heavy just after 10 and site was closed at 2, and its f**king baltic!

omagh_gael

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 18, 2013, 11:53:15 AM

What's it like up our way now?

Nally Stand

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 18, 2013, 03:24:00 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on January 18, 2013, 11:53:15 AM

What's it like up our way now?

Worse to come I'd say. Around the house etc it's about an inch deep but the roads are still busy so they're just brown with slush. Will be a nightmare when it starts to freeze this evening/tonight  :-\
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

nifan

Quote from: ludermor on January 18, 2013, 03:14:57 PM
same here in london , started getting heavy just after 10 and site was closed at 2, and its f**king baltic!

After the earlier blizzard it seems to have stopped round the city anyway - its the guys in work commuting home to birmingham etc who are bricking it now....

BenDover

has been constant in Belfast from mid-morning and is starting to lie now, thank fook it's hometime.

EC Unique

Snowed all day in Ballygawley but very little lay. Roads are fine. :)

ziggy90

Quote from: EC Unique on January 18, 2013, 04:50:16 PM
Snowed all day in Ballygawley but very little lay. Roads are fine. :)

Garvaghey doesn't look healthy. ???
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered