Weather

Started by Lucius Fox, August 07, 2008, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: The Iceman on October 29, 2012, 03:03:38 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on October 29, 2012, 02:16:56 PM
Looks like the East coast of America is going to get battered with NYC in for serious abuse!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20121811
already getting it rough here in NJ. High tide this morning caused major flooding in coastal areas - we have one family currently saying with us as they were evacuated from their home closer to the beach than ours.  80mph winds expected today with power out across the state for up to a week.
Some places just are not ready for whats coming. Parts of Manhattan, hoboken and the boroughs already flooded.

I have the generator ready to go and the sump pump going like the clappers.

Good luck :)

Gabriel_Hurl

Picked a good weekend to be flying into New York  >:(

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 29, 2012, 04:26:24 PM

Are you already here? Almost 9000 flights cancelled in the northeast!

Nasty day, with the worst to come tonight when the hurricane makes landfall at same time as the full moon high tide.

Most people are off work with the transit systems completely shut down and bridges and tunnels following soon.

Farrandeelin

We had a good October.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: J70 on October 29, 2012, 04:29:54 PM

Nasty day, with the worst to come tonight when the hurricane makes landfall at same time as the full moon high tide.

Most people are off work with the transit systems completely shut down and bridges and tunnels following soon.

Flying in this Friday

EC Unique

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 29, 2012, 05:26:46 PM

Flying in this Friday

Weather should be fine by then but the place might be in a bit if a mess...  maybe a back log of flights too.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 29, 2012, 05:26:46 PM

Flying in this Friday

Depends where you're staying then. Floods, wind damage, power outages and so on might affect you. The worst is supposed to be over by tomorrow night, but it may take a while for water to recede, for power to be restored etc. NYC tends to move very quickly though, especially in Manhattan. For example, they're preemptively shutting down power in areas where the underground lines are subject to potential flooding, which they hope will enable them to get things back to normal a lot quicker.

Denn Forever

Hope everyone stays safe out there.

Listening to reports it sounds bad but still people going out Surfing.  Very Point Break.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Gabriel_Hurl

Staying at 39th and Lexington on Friday night – then heading out to Long Island – staying in Brookhaven on Saturday and Sunday nights

orangeman

Ulick

A little bit of wind and rain and the Yanks bring the whole country to a stop.  ;D

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

The Iceman

Quote from: Ulick on October 30, 2012, 10:10:13 AM
A little bit of wind and rain and the Yanks bring the whole country to a stop.  ;D
It's rough enough now to be honest. Some things you would only expect to see in a film. Boats all crashed/stacked in the corner of a field, thrown there by huge swelling waves. Somebody's house sitting on the side of the road. Cars floating down the street. People lining up for hours to get fuel for their generators. No power anywhere (I'm on a generator). Looting at night time to steal generators and shops being broken into. Place has descended in to chaos. and this is all from just what i have seen with my own eyes. I know its even worse in other parts...
Some towns still have 4ft of water / raw sewage floating about, 20,000 people trapped in their homes in one town alone. 50 dead I think at this point.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

seafoid

Quote from: The Iceman on October 31, 2012, 05:23:09 PM
It's rough enough now to be honest. Some things you would only expect to see in a film. Boats all crashed/stacked in the corner of a field, thrown there by huge swelling waves. Somebody's house sitting on the side of the road. Cars floating down the street. People lining up for hours to get fuel for their generators. No power anywhere (I'm on a generator). Looting at night time to steal generators and shops being broken into. Place has descended in to chaos. and this is all from just what i have seen with my own eyes. I know its even worse in other parts...
Some towns still have 4ft of water / raw sewage floating about, 20,000 people trapped in their homes in one town alone. 50 dead I think at this point.
Desperate but I wonder when the Fox half of the US will realise that climate change is real.
And for Christians is this all god's will ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Iceman

Quote from: seafoid on October 31, 2012, 05:37:36 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on October 31, 2012, 05:23:09 PM
Desperate but I wonder when the Fox half of the US will realise that climate change is real.
And for Christians is this all god's will ?
Do you have to work at being an insensitive dick or does it just come natural?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight