Weather

Started by Lucius Fox, August 07, 2008, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

borderfox

Had enough of the snow last year. Looking forward to a 'normal' Christmas this year, when I can get to the pub without breaking my neck on icy footpaths.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: borderfox on December 20, 2011, 05:02:22 PM
Had enough of the snow last year. Looking forward to a 'normal' Christmas this year, when I can get to the pub without breaking my neck on icy footpaths.

+1

still waiting on my face to heal!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Was reading 12 Celsius in car this morning and on this day last year it was -12 Celcius in Armagh. She's warm!

LostInSpace

We monitor the daily temperatures at work, the maximum daily tempurature on this day last year was -9C, the maximum recorded temperature so far today is 14C.  I actually have seen a swarm of flies today, and crows trying to build a nest in trees. 

Puckoon

It's interesting that - I was in Omagh this time last year (March 17-March 30) and the weather was fantastic. One wet day in 2 weeks.

Puckoon

It's crazy to fathom water bans at home considering the general levels of precipitation. I'm in the middle of the desert here and you'd maybe get the odd restriction on days of the week you can water the lawn if we had a very dry winter, but that would be about it. We get lots of wildfires however - the summer and autumn the place is like a kinder box.

This was the big one last year

Puckoon

I remember the bans of that summer myself. Hopefully it doesn't come to that any time soon.

Hashtag

Tonight is the first time in a long time that I haven't had to light the fire (the wifes a cold blooded one).  ;D

The Worker

baltic in the evenings too.

Celt_Man

Absolutely got baked there today, sunny enough to justify wearing sunglasses all day!!   8)

But jaysus once the sun dropped, wasn't long getting fairly cold... Regretted not bring a jumper down onto the field this evening
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ziggysego

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on March 27, 2012, 02:36:41 PM
Killyclogher reached 24c at lunch time.

Highest official temperature in the north for March is 21.7c. Worth keeping an eye on latest observations from the Met Office, the latest readings normally come in around 35-50 minutes past the hour. Castlederg and St. Angelo look to be the warmest spots.

The temperature will plummet when the sun goes down though, there's a chance of frost tomorrow morning in places.

The north's temperatures won't be broken, even though Killyclogher was 24c today.
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Portugal looks dryer than Gandhi's flip-flop!

England talking of hosepipe bans very soon with reservoirs at a record low for the time of year.

laoislad

Snowing in Lucan atm
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Premier Emperor

I get the feeling it is going to be another cold, wet and windy summer!

johnneycool

Quote from: Premier Emperor on May 11, 2012, 12:26:09 PM
I get the feeling it is going to be another cold, wet and windy summer!

So the hay mightn'd be saved, will you 'bet' Cork though?