Weather

Started by Lucius Fox, August 07, 2008, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Turf will be in great shape  ;D

Olly

You'd hear people talk about frost etc being sore on old people what with getting the cold or freezing to death in their beds. Personally, I think that big windy days are worse. I used to live on the east coast of Ireland around the Mayo part. I lived there between the ages of 3 and 5. I can vividly remember seeing, on really hurricaney days, old people literally sailing through the air. You would be walking to the shop and you would be ducking and diving behind letter boxes as pensioners would be rocketing towards you at up to 100mph. My great aunt was gusted out into the Atlantic and was found floating on her back 200 miles out.

My advice is to keep an eye on your elderlies and if you don't have any, keep an eye out for them too for your own safety. Imagine getting a slap in the face from a dead salmon. Multiply that by 100 for an old person's torso.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Santino

Quote from: Olly on September 12, 2011, 02:41:20 PM
You'd hear people talk about frost etc being sore on old people what with getting the cold or freezing to death in their beds. Personally, I think that big windy days are worse. I used to live on the east coast of Ireland around the Mayo part. I lived there between the ages of 3 and 5. I can vividly remember seeing, on really hurricaney days, old people literally sailing through the air. You would be walking to the shop and you would be ducking and diving behind letter boxes as pensioners would be rocketing towards you at up to 100mph. My great aunt was gusted out into the Atlantic and was found floating on her back 200 miles out.

My advice is to keep an eye on your elderlies and if you don't have any, keep an eye out for them too for your own safety. Imagine getting a slap in the face from a dead salmon. Multiply that by 100 for an old person's torso.

Brilliant.
I think its time u set up a twitter account Olly.....

highorlow

QuoteI used to live on the east coast of Ireland around the Mayo part.

Was that before they moved it?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Square Ball

Olly, sorry to hear about your great aunt, but the rest of that is a classic and really made me laugh out loud.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

Quote from: hardstation on September 12, 2011, 04:18:30 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on September 12, 2011, 04:14:32 PM
Olly, sorry to hear about your great aunt, but the rest of that is a classic and really made me laugh out loud.
What? Who is to say his great aunt didn't enjoy her wee trip?

that will be one of life's great mysteries

Forever Green

Quote from: Olly on September 12, 2011, 02:41:20 PM

You are looped man

Great read btw

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: highorlow on September 12, 2011, 02:47:42 PM
QuoteI used to live on the east coast of Ireland around the Mayo part.

Was that before they moved it?

Think we are playing in the Leinster Championship next year.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ross4life

I was at Roscommon club semi finals yesterday the conditions were poor but it was worse for the Connacht final in July do we have seasons anymore?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Olly

Olly, sorry to hear about your great aunt,

Apologies, that wasn't made clear. My great Aunt survived and some say she's still alive. She was just floating on her back until someone picked her up. She also said she was playing dead in case sharks or whales wanted to eat her.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Square Ball

Quote from: Olly on September 12, 2011, 05:33:43 PM
Olly, sorry to hear about your great aunt,

Apologies, that wasn't made clear. My great Aunt survived and some say she's still alive. She was just floating on her back until someone picked her up. She also said she was playing dead in case sharks or whales wanted to eat her.

makes it even funnier then

Hardy

A truly great aunt.

Orior

Fair play to the 8 legged version of these animals, also known as ants. They know how to hang on in these big winds. But I suppose 8 legs makes it easy. Maybe if aunts developed 8 legs over a few 100 million years then they'd be safe enough too.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

Square Ball