TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sans pessimism

Mighty entertainment for a Sunday afternoon-and no small amount of skill on show from both sides.
Kudos to TG4.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Milltown Row2

Number 7 for the losers was a hard nut, just wouldn't mess with him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ardtole

I thought Ballinamore should have had a penalty in the 1st half too, when the ff was through and pushed in the back.

Rossfan

Gareth isn't big into keeping up with the play.
Mohill 7 was Dan Beck.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

15 for Ballinamore is Tom Prior.
Keith Bournemouth Centre forward for Mohill a quality player

Blowitupref

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 17, 2021, 08:51:18 PM
15 for Ballinamore is Tom Prior.
Keith Bournemouth Centre forward for Mohill a quality player
Keith Beirne.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Is he the same Tom Prior that gave our u20 FB a hard time of it back in July?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Main Street on October 17, 2021, 05:34:09 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 17, 2021, 05:16:39 PM
Most enjoyable game esp when you didn't care who won.
I cared, I got behind Bigtown,  were they not denied a penalty for that ball handled on the ground inside the square?  The ref was so far away he would have needed a telescope to see the incident.
That was a ballsy county final, the real stuff.

I watched it a few times on replay and it looked like the ball was off the ground when he played with his arm. Good call in my view.

Superb entertainment, both teams going at it

imtommygunn

It was about as off the ground as the pick up was for Peter Canavan's point in 95...

Very enjoyable game.

smort

It might have been entertaining but the quality was lacking. Wouldn't have been an intermediate final in many counties.

Silver hill

Quote from: smort on October 18, 2021, 09:47:30 AM
It might have been entertaining but the quality was lacking. Wouldn't have been an intermediate final in many counties.

Football snobbery at its finest there!

That's a bit like someone incorrectly assuming Tyrone club football isn't up to much because their winners rarely if ever, do anything in the Ulster Club.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Silver hill on October 18, 2021, 11:22:14 AM

That's a bit like someone incorrectly assuming Tyrone club football isn't up to much because their winners rarely if ever, do anything in the Ulster Club.

But that statement is correct  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tiempo

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 18, 2021, 08:22:25 AM
It was about as off the ground as the pick up was for Peter Canavan's point in 95...

Very enjoyable game.

Some mount of shite in the rule book too

1.2 When the ball is on the ground, it may be played by any part of the body except the hand(s). It may be lifted off the ground with the feet.

Exceptions

(i) The goalkeeper may play the ball on the ground with his hand(s) inside his own small rectangle.

(ii) Any player who falls or is knocked to the ground while in possession of the ball may fist or palm the ball away on the ground, and may score by so doing.

(iii) The ball may not be lifted off the ground with the knees.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tiempo on October 18, 2021, 11:46:19 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 18, 2021, 08:22:25 AM

Very enjoyable game.

Some mount of shite in the rule book too

1.2 When the ball is on the ground, it may be played by any part of the body except the hand(s). It may be lifted off the ground with the feet.

Exceptions

(i) The goalkeeper may play the ball on the ground with his hand(s) inside his own small rectangle.

(ii) Any player who falls or is knocked to the ground while in possession of the ball may fist or palm the ball away on the ground, and may score by so doing.

(iii) The ball may not be lifted off the ground with the knees.

That rule is daft, you could argue that a player is knocked to the ground is fouled, or if you 'fall' you can legally palm the ball away!! Nuts

smort

Quote from: Silver hill on October 18, 2021, 11:22:14 AM

Although Tyrone teams, especially at intermediate and junior, are often very good. The senior teams in tyrone are very good too but just not at the level off the top clubs in the province