Mandatory covid 19 vaccination

Started by grounded, November 21, 2021, 10:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Covid 19 vaccination(s) become mandatory by law in Ireland(North and South)?

Yes
45 (50%)
No
45 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: November 24, 2021, 10:49:12 PM

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JoG2 on November 26, 2021, 10:36:50 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on November 26, 2021, 09:04:38 AM
Not that i'm too worried about this but has anyone got a booster that is different from their first 2, eg Pfizer first 2 and moderna the booster?

Just wondering

Pfizer 1/2 and Moderna booster. Sore head for a day after the booster, but all good
Same - Pfizer 1 & 2 and Moderna Pfizer booster on Monday night at RVH. Zero side effects from first 2 jabs, not even a sore arm and only a slight sore arm the day after the booster, but the wife reckons can feel the effects up to a week after so I might not be in the clear yet.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that some data suggests that a mix n match approach can be more effective. 

Cunny Funt

Interesting poll results. In regards to the ROI 93% of adults fully vaccinated I don't think we would have got much more even if it was mandatory.

Wildweasel74

Got Moderna 2nd time round yesterday , sore arm the day, so gym gets a miss.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 26, 2021, 04:22:23 PM
Got Moderna 2nd time round yesterday , sore arm the day, so gym gets a miss.

Any excuse!!

I need to get back to it, absolutely no excuse!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Best to avoid strenuous exercise for a week after the jab.

JoG2

Mask wearing in certain parts of Derry City has really nose dived in the last while. The difference between the likes of Derry City and say Dublin / Galway is night and day. The amount of people who literally couldn't give a fcuk about their fellow man / woman is staggering. It doesn't take much to wear one.

Wildweasel74

Bck on gym yesterday 2 days after jab, sore arm gone, so bck to 4/5 times a week.

RedHand88

Quote from: JoG2 on November 28, 2021, 10:41:00 AM
Mask wearing in certain parts of Derry City has really nose dived in the last while. The difference between the likes of Derry City and say Dublin / Galway is night and day. The amount of people who literally couldn't give a fcuk about their fellow man / woman is staggering. It doesn't take much to wear one.

Friend of mine was laughed at in Derry for wearing one. That's maybe a month ago now.

general_lee

Belfast the same, people do not give one f**k

thebuzz

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2021, 09:10:29 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on November 26, 2021, 09:04:38 AM
Not that i'm too worried about this but has anyone got a booster that is different from their first 2, eg Pfizer first 2 and moderna the booster?

Just wondering

All the same, though my wife is getting a different booster next week... lucky girl  ;D

My two jabs were Astra Zenica and my booster was the Pfizer. No ill effects so far.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 28, 2021, 11:25:40 AM
Bck on gym yesterday 2 days after jab, sore arm gone, so bck to 4/5 times a week.

That's the booster yes?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

I see 62% of Swiss voters in favour of continuing curbs on the unvaccinated.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

I'm sure the unvaccinated will respect democracy.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

grounded

Quote from: Rossfan on November 28, 2021, 06:17:33 PM

Imagine if they decided to place curbs on those poor folks with underlying health conditions.
        The scientific evidence is very clear that they are significantly more at risk of both hospitalisation and ICU admission after covid infection. (Vaccinated or unvaccinated).

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(21)00074-0/fulltext

How would you feel about that?

Its a slippery old slope this curbing  of freedoms of certain sections of society.

Who could be next?

lenny

Quote from: grounded on November 28, 2021, 06:59:11 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 28, 2021, 06:17:33 PM

Imagine if they decided to place curbs on those poor folks with underlying health conditions.
        The scientific evidence is very clear that they are significantly more at risk of both hospitalisation and ICU admission after covid infection.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanepe/article/PIIS2666-7762(21)00074-0/fulltext

How would you feel about that?

Its a slippery old slope this curbing  of freedoms of certain sections of society.

Who could be next?

There's a big difference here. People have a choice whether or not to take the vaccine. If they feel so strongly about not taking it and causing unnecessary risk to their work colleagues, their fellow commuters, their fellow revellers in nightclubs and their families then they should be prepared to accept that the vast majority of society do not want to have their risk increased by largely selfish people. We need the vast majority of people across the world to get vaccinated to ensure the eventual fizzling out of covid. All these anti vaxxers, conspiracy theorists are simply extending this pandemic and ensuring that it stretches on for another year or 2.