Euro 20/21

Started by rodney trotter, May 19, 2021, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Think Sven Goran would disagree with you there mate

Duno whos opinion id respect more, a successful former manager or yer man Armagh18 off the internet

Boycey

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 15, 2021, 11:14:36 AM

Duno whos opinion id respect more, a successful former manager or yer man Armagh18 off the internet

What was Sven's opinion of Scholes then?

Armagh18

Yeah worked out well didn't it.... Other two were world class and I'd have taken either at United but Scholes was on another planet.

imtommygunn

Stevie and Frank were great when the right players played beside them. The right players were never English though. (They were good otherwise but not great).

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Boycey on July 15, 2021, 11:18:02 AM

Little ginger tosser. Same as the rest of us.
Stick him out left mid for a year or two till Joe Cole comes through

Boycey

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 15, 2021, 11:19:38 AM
Stevie and Frank were great when the right players played beside them. The right players were never English though. (They were good otherwise but not great).

Are you really going to pursue that line you were going down yesterday that all the English players you named were only good cause they had a good foreign lad beside them  ;D

Boycey

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 15, 2021, 11:24:55 AM
Quote from: Boycey on July 15, 2021, 11:18:02 AM

Little ginger tosser. Same as the rest of us.
Stick him out left mid for a year or two till Joe Cole comes through

I never had you down for a raving lunatic.

quit yo jibbajabba

Listen he was ok but he was no Joe Cole.

Stevie >>>>>> frank and joe >>>>>>> scholes. Dont know why thisis so hard for people to get

Ethan Tremblay

If you want an honest opinion on who the best English midfielder was of that generation ask Zidane, Xavi or Inesta, players who dominated European club midfield through the 2000/2010's.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Boycey on July 15, 2021, 10:00:18 AM
You don't stay in the engine room of a top team for 12/13 years by being good. Fantastic player was Scholes, a decent shout for best English player in the Premier League era.
Couldn't lace Lampards boots let alone Gerrards. And that's only two players off the top of my head. Not even close  ;D

trueblue1234

This is why it's a pointless argument. I'd have Gerrard slightly ahead of Scholes. Then Lampard.
The honest truth is that there was little between them and you could make an arguement for either of the 3.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trueblue1234

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on July 15, 2021, 01:32:58 PM
If you want an honest opinion on who the best English midfielder was of that generation ask Zidane, Xavi or Inesta, players who dominated European club midfield through the 2000/2010's.

Or the manager who had to manage all 3?

Armagh18

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 15, 2021, 01:45:31 PM

and the mess he made of it...

trueblue1234

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 15, 2021, 02:19:08 PM

He was the only one who had to make a choice between them. Regardless as I said, there's little between the 3 of them. And a case could be made for either. As said personally I'd have Gerrard out in front. But I support Liverpool so prob saw more of him than Scholes. So accept I may have a bias. But this claim

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 15, 2021, 11:10:17 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 15, 2021, 10:50:51 AM
He was a nasty little bugger. The tackling was a big laugh in the game but some were downright nasty. Illiterate so and so also, talks like hes got a moutful of marbles

Edit - walked out on his country too just because he couldnt get his favourite position. Wasnt good enough to dislodge stevie or frank. Took lessons from Keane on that one id say
Stevie and Frank put together couldnt lace his boots or Keanes ffs.

Is pure nonsense.

trailer

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 15, 2021, 03:10:34 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 15, 2021, 02:19:08 PM

He was the only one who had to make a choice between them. Regardless as I said, there's little between the 3 of them. And a case could be made for either. As said personally I'd have Gerrard out in front. But I support Liverpool so prob saw more of him than Scholes. So accept I may have a bias. But this claim

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 15, 2021, 11:10:17 AM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 15, 2021, 10:50:51 AM
He was a nasty little bugger. The tackling was a big laugh in the game but some were downright nasty. Illiterate so and so also, talks like hes got a moutful of marbles

Edit - walked out on his country too just because he couldnt get his favourite position. Wasnt good enough to dislodge stevie or frank. Took lessons from Keane on that one id say
Stevie and Frank put together couldnt lace his boots or Keanes ffs.

Is pure nonsense.

Gerard was a serial choker. Never did it on the big stage. When the pressure came on he slipped. Not a big game player. A fraud.