Euro 20/21

Started by rodney trotter, May 19, 2021, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Surely that's a red card based on last one?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gawa316

England will be loving all this extra time, injuries etc

Capt Pat

Penos coming up, hopefully.

imtommygunn

Definitely a sniper.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

This is actually headlines on main bbc news

tyrone08

Quote from: gawa316 on June 29, 2021, 10:17:28 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 29, 2021, 10:13:02 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2021, 10:09:17 PM
Red or not? Twitter seems to think not but Jesus your man's leg.

No red card for me. If you have to stop now and think how might by foot follow through after I get the ball they may as well make it non contact. Cleanly got the ball, he can't help the  player charging in after it.

When I first saw it I was like no chance thats a red, and I am still thinking that. The slow-mo looks brutal though but the fella ran into his challenge

Slow mo makes it worse but for me the 2 important questions are, did he get there first and did he cleanly get the ball. Its a yes for both.

imtommygunn

Decent goal.

(Agreed on the above)

Capt Pat

BennyCake

It's up to you now, Ukraine.

RedHand88

gawa316

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 29, 2021, 10:54:06 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 29, 2021, 10:30:33 PM

It is big news for them.
It's massive for them so fair play. We'd be doing the same if we won even game a a tournament. It's the clowns who reckoned they had won the tournament already we should be laughing at.

Main Street

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 29, 2021, 10:31:35 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 29, 2021, 10:17:28 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 29, 2021, 10:13:02 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2021, 10:09:17 PM
Red or not? Twitter seems to think not but Jesus your man's leg.

No red card for me. If you have to stop now and think how might by foot follow through after I get the ball they may as well make it non contact. Cleanly got the ball, he can't help the  player charging in after it.

When I first saw it I was like no chance thats a red, and I am still thinking that. The slow-mo looks brutal though but the fella ran into his challenge

Slow mo makes it worse but for me the 2 important questions are, did he get there first and did he cleanly get the ball. Its a yes for both.
He won the ball cleanly but he was at full stretch with his feet off the ground, studs up and there was contact, strong contact. Studs up + contact is a red card all day long. There is no mitigation for winning the ball cleanly beforehand.

maldini

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 29, 2021, 11:12:56 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 29, 2021, 10:54:06 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 29, 2021, 10:30:33 PM

It is big news for them.
It's massive for them so fair play. We'd be doing the same if we won even game a a tournament. It's the clowns who reckoned they had won the tournament already we should be laughing at.

Or if we won a corner these days