Euro 20/21

Started by rodney trotter, May 19, 2021, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

2 poor teams in a poor tournament

StPatsAbu

What's the odds of Sweden hitting the woodwork again??

Armamike

England are ticking along well.  Far from flamboyant but they're well organised, tight enough at the back and half decent going forward.  Many's a team before them have won the euros playing the same way.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

The only thing good about this game is Alex Scott
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

The quality in the England v Germany game was mediocre. The first goal was going to be critical since England's game plan was predicated on keeping it compact and scoring from a counter, mistake or set piece. Tactics straight from the Mourinho playbook where they largely bypassed their midfield in the build up.

With the attacking talent they have they could have beaten Germany by playing a more constructive game but I don't think Southgate trusts his defence hence the reason for 2 sitting midfielders.

I expect them to get to the final now and the hype will be unbearable by that stage. Still wouldn't trust them to win the tournament but in a once off game at home everything is possible.

imtommygunn

Your leg definitely isn't designed to go into the position that Ukraine boy's did :o

BennyCake

Danielson thinks he's still at the karate, judging by that challenge.

Mr Miyagi would be disappointed in him.

imtommygunn

Red or not? Twitter seems to think not but Jesus your man's leg.

HiMucker

Quote from: BennyCake on June 29, 2021, 10:04:45 PM
Danielson thinks he's still at the karate, judging by that challenge.

Mr Miyagi would be disappointed in him.
:D Very good

imtommygunn

Is there a sniper on the loose here

tyrone08

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2021, 10:09:17 PM

No red card for me. If you have to stop now and think how might by foot follow through after I get the ball they may as well make it non contact. Cleanly got the ball, he can't help the  player charging in after it.

BennyCake

Its like Platoon out there.

gawa316

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 29, 2021, 10:13:02 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2021, 10:09:17 PM

No red card for me. If you have to stop now and think how might by foot follow through after I get the ball they may as well make it non contact. Cleanly got the ball, he can't help the  player charging in after it.

When I first saw it I was like no chance thats a red, and I am still thinking that. The slow-mo looks brutal though but the fella ran into his challenge

imtommygunn

Yeah I think the same. Eye on ball and got it then followed through. The impact made the decision I think.

Capt Pat

The Swede cleared the ball and the Ukranian ran into him. Not a red or yellow card in my opinion.