Euro 20/21

Started by rodney trotter, May 19, 2021, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Portugal unlucky hitting the post and borderline the better team.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 27, 2021, 09:59:48 PM
Portugal unlucky hitting the post and borderline the better team.

And the goal came from Belgiums only shot on target. Italy v Belgium a hard quarter final to call.

BennyCake

I have a suspicion the Swiss will knock out France.

sid waddell

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 27, 2021, 09:56:54 PM
Really good game between Belgium and Portugal. End to end. Quality finish by Thorgan Hazard the difference
The last 20 minutes was exciting

The rest was dogshit apart from a fine Belgian goal

I've no sympathy at all for Portugal, they played for penalties from the start, they had the devil's luck in 2016 and can hardly complain now that they didn't get the rub of the green

It was a cowardly approach

The tournament is better off with them out of it, had they got through they would have played for a 0-0 against Italy too

An Watcher

Thought the keeper was poor for the goal

quit yo jibbajabba

Think theres still a soft centre with Belgium for all their talent. The gritty Italians be rubbing their hands.

The Portugese are hard boys to like even leaving aside the couple of slaps i got from a hotel porter back in the day before being booted from the hotel and sleeping the nite in a field with a north derry comrade before being woke by a donkey. But i digress....

yellowcard

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 27, 2021, 10:45:41 PM
Think theres still a soft centre with Belgium for all their talent. The gritty Italians be rubbing their hands.

The Portugese are hard boys to like even leaving aside the couple of slaps i got from a hotel porter back in the day before being booted from the hotel and sleeping the nite in a field with a north derry comrade before being woke by a donkey. But i digress....

Yes I'm not at all convinced by the Belgians, I think Italy will beat them. If De Bruyne is out injured their chances will lessen even more.

delgany

Quote from: yellowcard on June 27, 2021, 11:02:29 PM

Yes I'm not at all convinced by the Belgians, I think Italy will beat them. If De Bruyne is out injured their chances will lessen even more.

Very brittle in the tackle, indeed

seafoid

Belgium: Thibaut Courtois; Toby Alderweireld, Thomas Vermaelen, Jan Vertonghen, Thomas Meunier; Axel Witsel, Youri Tielemans, Kevin De Bruyne, Eden Hazard (captain), Thorgan Hazard; Romelu Lukaku

It's the same core group.of players as in 2014
They are probably past their peak..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/06/belgium-world-cup-squad-2014
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on June 28, 2021, 04:12:32 AM

Belgium: Thibaut Courtois; Toby Alderweireld, Thomas Vermaelen, Jan Vertonghen, Thomas Meunier; Axel Witsel, Youri Tielemans, Kevin De Bruyne, Eden Hazard (captain), Thorgan Hazard; Romelu Lukaku

It's the same core group.of players as in 2014
They are probably past their peak..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/06/belgium-world-cup-squad-2014
If Eden Hazard is your captain something ain't right.

quit yo jibbajabba

The defence could definitely be described as aging.

And if Hazards done the hammy then thats another blow.

For those reasons its a No from me 😎😃

imtommygunn

Italy to beat Belgium even though they weren't good against Austria(didn't see it but from what I read).

Shamrock Shore

Spanish goalie has had better days!

Rich Ricci

I'm critical enough of some female commentators and analysts as sometimes I think they've only been put on as token gesture or box ticking exercise but I've been very impressed with Emma Hayes anytime I've heard her on ITV.

rodney trotter