Euro 20/21

Started by rodney trotter, May 19, 2021, 08:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Any photos or footage of the terraces that day? Would be interesting to see. I'd say the players would rather have been watching it too.

Do I remember a Leinster final being delayed because of an Ireland game at Euro 2016? Must have been the France game?

shark

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 14, 2021, 01:22:49 PM
Any photos or footage of the terraces that day? Would be interesting to see. I'd say the players would rather have been watching it too.

Do I remember a Leinster final being delayed because of an Ireland game at Euro 2016? Must have been the France game?

Wasn't delayed I don't think. Was Westmeath and Kildare in Leinster semi. There was nobody at it. And yes, it threw in at half time in the France game, with Ireland one up.

lurganblue

Is Tierney injured again?

johnnycool

Was about to post that Scotland weren't getting things their own way and they go one down..

Game on for them.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

shark

As a nation, no matter what sport, the Scots have cornered the market in playing well and losing. They have dominated this game.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: shark on June 14, 2021, 03:25:02 PM
As a nation, no matter what sport, the Scots have cornered the market in playing well and losing. They have dominated this game.
Punished for mistakes. Plucky losers.

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 14, 2021, 03:26:59 PM
Punished for mistakes. Plucky losers.

Czech keeper getting busy.

Jell 0 Biafra

They've run around a lot, I'll give them that.

Cunny Funt

screenexile

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on June 14, 2021, 03:45:17 PM

They've run around a lot, I'll give them that.

Yeah they tried hard and fair play to them for that but it was a lot of aimless crosses and not a huge amount of quality!

lurganblue

How come the euros seem to be doing VAR well but the PL makes a complete balls of it?

Jell 0 Biafra

Because England is now free to not follow Europe's oppressive laws.

seafoid

This video is better than today's performance was

https://youtu.be/0HerNnMqFdA
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

sid waddell

Quote from: clarshack on June 14, 2021, 11:43:27 AM
During the 2002 World Cup there was barely a sinner at the Derry v Donegal Ulster Championship game in Clones (at a time when attendances were good) as they were all watching the soccer against Spain. when it came to the crunch soccer won.
There was a mass exodus at the Leinster Hurling Semis in 1990 after Dublin beat Wexford in the first game

They all piled out to see Ireland play Egypt

The few who stayed to see Offaly stick four goals past Kilkenny in the first 20 minutes probably got the better end of the bargain

Derry v Donegal in the 1995 NFL final was another that clashed with the evil of Big Soccer, in this case the final day the 1994/95 Premier League season

Manchester United's Anthony Tohill missed out winning on a second league medal in the one day as they blew it at West Ham