Football Boots

Started by Dougal Maguire, May 07, 2013, 11:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

My 18 year old is looking to buy a pair of Adidas Predator Mania football boots off EBay costing £299. He's a pretty good footballer but I find it hard to justify spending this amount of money on boots. Any views?
Careful now

AFS

Jamie Clarke is wearing these, according to his super cool blog. Tell the son he can get the boots when he's three times better than Jamie.

Puckoon

IIRC, They are a boot from the early 2000s. He'd be buying them for nostaligia (but he seems young enough). 299 sterling is far too much for a pair of boots that he's going to actually play in. I'm a big fan of the early versions of the Predator (new ones are pure shite) but not paying through the nose for them.

Tony Baloney

300 quid for a pair of boots! Are you wise  :o:-\

johnneycool

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on May 07, 2013, 11:31:52 PM
My 18 year old is looking to buy a pair of Adidas Predator Mania football boots off EBay costing £299. He's a pretty good footballer but I find it hard to justify spending this amount of money on boots. Any views?

Can he not get a part time job if he wants to splash £299 on a pair of boots?

Count 10

Make sure they are a matching pair 8)

50fiftyball

Anyone wearing the current Adidas Predator Instincts? Looking to purchase a pair for new season ahead... "the black-outs" version.

I've always been a Nike Tiempo/Puma Kings man of your neutral black colours.. but feel the Puma Kings are now too heavy a boot compared to the others available.

Also, i take it you buy FG as opposed to SG? the soft ground ones wouldn't cut it in the summer on dry surface with the studs.

CD

That's insane Dougal. I'd say the total price for all the boots I've owned wouldn't add up to £300! I still use a 13 year old pair of puma kings. Cleaned and vaselined regularly. Still the best boot around!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

theticklemister

Dougal have you learnt nothing about your own days playing football?

foxcommander

Quote from: CD on March 04, 2015, 08:09:59 PM
I still use a 13 year old pair of puma kings.

I take it you stay on the bench a lot? I'd have looked for a transfer by now.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

CD

Quote from: foxcommander on March 04, 2015, 08:33:37 PM

Hah! Retired 10 years ago. only get them out for the odd masters game!!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

foxcommander

Quote from: CD on March 04, 2015, 09:33:02 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 04, 2015, 08:33:37 PM

Hah! Retired 10 years ago. only get them out for the odd masters game!!
You should never say you've retired. Hold out hope of a call-up to the county panel. It theoretically could happen
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie