Before and after photos

Started by muppet, March 04, 2015, 10:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How long did it take the man and woman on the left to become the man and woman on the right?

6 months
4 (10.8%)
3 months
5 (13.5%)
8 weeks
6 (16.2%)
8 days
2 (5.4%)
2 hours
20 (54.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

muppet

MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

I guessed 8 days. It's amazing how the C9 or whatever it is they did also puts on makeup and makes your eyesight and hair better :)

AZOffaly

Yeah, I'm not surprised. It's obvious the before photos are deliberately taken to make them look as bad as possible, while the after shots are nearly always Glamour shots with makeup, hair done, nicer clothes, better posture etc. Fairly obvious.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

Orior

How disappointing.

I thought this was going to be a thread where we see pictures of pitches or stadiums taking in the 1930s, 1940s or 1950s, and then a present day photograph taken from the exact same position.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

Quote from: Orior on March 04, 2015, 12:40:03 PM
How disappointing.

I thought this was going to be a thread where we see pictures of pitches or stadiums taking in the 1930s, 1940s or 1950s, and then a present day photograph taken from the exact same position.

Great idea, off you go.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

we're in danger of derailing Muppet's fine thread now, but I think there is some sort of Google Maps based initiative where people are uploading photos from back in time, side by side with the modern equivalent. I've seen some from Limerick, and they are fascinating really. The weaponry has changed so much :)

laoislad

There are some great ones of war battle sites during the war and what they look like now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Billys Boots

Sort of related - there's a Dept of Environment website called myplan.ie.  It's a bit like Google maps, but with added overlays of the Cartier series of maps (1829-1834) and a British Survey series (1889-1912).  So, if you pick a point on a map, you can see what's there today as well as in the years mentioned.  No photos though, just maps. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Yeah, I saw that when I was doing a bit of looking at the Murder at Marlhill, that murder where the guy they hanged has just been posthumously pardoned. It's very good as well.

rrhf

Quote from: Orior on March 04, 2015, 12:40:03 PM
How disappointing.

Casement?  ;)

macdanger2

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 04, 2015, 03:03:31 PM
Yeah, I saw that when I was doing a bit of looking at the Murder at Marlhill, that murder where the guy they hanged has just been posthumously pardoned. It's very good as well.

I remember watching the RTE documentary on that, sounded like he was rightly stitched up. Good to hear that he was pardoned