Android Phone

Started by tbrick18, September 12, 2011, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

My Samsung galaxy a5 2017 does not give me any notification of receiving text messages. Nothing appears on home screen or it's screen icon and no sound is made. I tried finding a setting but doesn't appear to be one. Had led to grief about me not replying to texts etc...

any pointers to solve this?

Solo_run

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 15, 2019, 02:21:06 PM
My Samsung galaxy a5 2017 does not give me any notification of receiving text messages. Nothing appears on home screen or it's screen icon and no sound is made. I tried finding a setting but doesn't appear to be one. Had led to grief about me not replying to texts etc...

any pointers to solve this?

Should be somewhere under settings "Apps & Notifications" Then select the app you want notifications for and enable them.

I accidentally disabled notifications for SMS a few weeks ago and just fixed it.

fearsiuil

Anyone recommend a device or phone for downloading podcasts and listening to live radio (not via internet)?

Device/phone won't to be used as a phone.

Orior

I am new to Android phone and am using an Outlook/Hotmail email on it. Problem is, when I send an email the recipient sees it coming from a person called "Action Require" instead of "Orior"

Any ideas?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

dec

Quote from: Orior on October 05, 2021, 10:36:29 PM
I am new to Android phone and am using an Outlook/Hotmail email on it. Problem is, when I send an email the recipient sees it coming from a person called "Action Require" instead of "Orior"

Any ideas?

Change your name by deed poll to "Action Require"

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: dec on October 05, 2021, 10:57:34 PM

Any ideas?

Made me laugh.  ;D

That is all

Orior

Quote from: dec on October 05, 2021, 10:57:34 PM

Any ideas?

lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tyroneman

I have a Huawei P20 Pro and internet connection continunally drop outs - either it goes completely and I'm on 4g or says it's conencted, but with no internet service.

Aanyone else get same issue + have a fix that works?

lurganblue

Quote from: tyroneman on October 06, 2021, 09:49:56 AM
I have a Huawei P20 Pro and internet connection continunally drop outs - either it goes completely and I'm on 4g or says it's conencted, but with no internet service.

You mean when you are at home say and it doesnt connect to your wifi?  I used to have that phone and a vaguely remember that in certain parts of the house it would think the signal is too weak and try to revert to 4g.  I think at that point if you check wifi settings you can select to stay on the weak signal, as it would work fine.

lurganblue

While i'm here, anyone got one of the foldable phones yet?  I'm not due a change just yet but i do like the idea of the z fold.  I'd hope the next gen gets a bit thinner.

woakeme

Quote from: lurganblue on October 06, 2021, 11:00:27 AM

You mean when you are at home say and it doesnt connect to your wifi?  I used to have that phone and a vaguely remember that in certain parts of the house it would think the signal is too weak and try to revert to 4g.  I think at that point if you check wifi settings you can select to stay on the weak signal, as it would work fine.

Yes I have exact same problem. Not connecting properly to wifi both at work and at home. Been like that as few days. Wifi works grand on other devices. I have Huawei P20 Pro also. Did you get it resolved?

Main Street

Quote from: woakeme on October 06, 2021, 01:19:47 PM

Yes I have exact same problem. Not connecting properly to wifi both at work and at home. Been like that as few days. Wifi works grand on other devices. I have Huawei P20 Pro also. Did you get it resolved?
Have you done a search, for example
'why does my Huawei phone keep losing Wi-Fi connection?'

Then you can follow established lines of inquiry and probable solutions

tyroneman

Quote from: Main Street on October 06, 2021, 03:49:42 PM

Unfortunately I have tried all the solutions offered online and nothing works.

Was just hoping I'd missed something that I hadn't tried which had maybe worked for a poster here. 

Main Street

Quote from: tyroneman on October 06, 2021, 08:00:15 PM
Quote from: Main Street on October 06, 2021, 03:49:42 PM

Unfortunately I have tried all the solutions offered online and nothing works.

Was just hoping I'd missed something that I hadn't tried which had maybe worked for a poster here.
Have you already tried all the suggestions listed here?
https://thedroidguy.com/fix-huawei-p30-wifi-keeps-disconnecting-1101764