Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: grounded on August 29, 2021, 07:37:15 PM
Quote from: Orior on August 25, 2021, 11:28:02 AM
I'll be wearing my sickly Lap of the Lough top on Sunday. Getting my hair and nails done on Saturday too so even if I dont make the whole route at least I will look great.

How did the lap of lough go today? I see a few sportives starting to go back on again.

I really enjoyed it. The last 20 miles was tough and the 10 was agony - you will never know the pain.

Average moving time was 15.1 which was much more than I expected.

We rode through 5 counties and I lost count of the number of GAA pitches. Those that dig with the other foot must have been slightly surprised by the number. However, plantation and colonisation by England drove the native Irish to the mountains, bog and less fertile areas. Hence the abundance of GAA clubs around the Lough.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

See someone died (or was killed) at a Sportive in Mayo today.

lurganblue

Quote from: Orior on August 29, 2021, 08:56:30 PM
I'll be wearing my sickly Lap of the Lough top on Sunday. Getting my hair and nails done on Saturday too so even if I dont make the whole route at least I will look great.

How did the lap of lough go today? I see a few sportives starting to go back on again.

I really enjoyed it. The last 20 miles was tough and the 10 was agony - you will never know the pain.

We rode through 5 counties and I lost count of the number of GAA pitches. Those that dig with the other foot must have been slightly surprised by the number. However, plantation and colonisation by England drove the native Irish to the mountains, bog and less fertile areas. Hence the abundance of GAA clubs around the Lough.

On a side note i was at a very packed Gosford yesterday and it was wall to wall GAA tops of different varieties. 1 Norn Iron top spotted. Society has fairly changed from when i was just a cub and told to change a certain top before i went on a day trip.

Congrats on completing the lap of the lough. I've only just broken the 20 mile mark myself and just cant imagine doing those distances.

Last Man

Just back from a great trip along the DonauWeg from Passau to Viennna, very easy relaxed cycling. Have decided to pack in the "flog yourself" stuff as I think you get to an age when its not that good for you as well as stuffing yourself with gels, jelly babies and electrolyte potions. Drank plenty of wine,beer and ate good food yet came home 2 Kg lighter. Works for me and the missus as neither can hack a pool holiday. Booked for something similar in France next summer.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on August 31, 2021, 10:20:53 AM
Just back from a great trip along the DonauWeg from Passau to Viennna, very easy relaxed cycling. Have decided to pack in the "flog yourself" stuff as I think you get to an age when its not that good for you as well as stuffing yourself with gels, jelly babies and electrolyte potions. Drank plenty of wine,beer and ate good food yet came home 2 Kg lighter. Works for me and the missus as neither can hack a pool holiday. Booked for something similar in France next summer.

That too me sounds great Last man, not a hope in hell of getting her to go on a biking holiday so I'll have to make do with lying around the pool and reading books and drinking
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Booked Tenerife again for January, hopefully it'll go ahead, this is the 4th time I've pushed this particular holiday. Teide is some climb & experience, 1 mile warm up and then 25m straight up.

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 31, 2021, 10:46:57 AM

That too me sounds great Last man, not a hope in hell of getting her to go on a biking holiday so I'll have to make do with lying around the pool and reading books and drinking
And flog yourself when you get home lol, an extension of catholic guilt probably!

Tony Baloney

A mate did the Danube route on the bike in 2 sittings and said it was great. Serious heat in some parts but mostly a flat track so manageable.

grounded

Oh i've had a few tough days on the bike!  Well done on completing that. Were they able to have food/rest stops?
       Great to see a few sportives going ahead.

RedHand88

Calories on Strava.

How accurate is it? A 30km route I did a few weeks ago showed 660 calories. Did the same route tonight with a Wahoo elemnt bolt and heart rate monitor and its uploaded as 1300 calories.  ??? Which is closer?

Orior

Quote from: grounded on August 31, 2021, 01:58:54 PM

Oh i've had a few tough days on the bike!  Well done on completing that. Were they able to have food/rest stops?
       Great to see a few sportives going ahead.

Yes, there were three rest stops with food.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 01, 2021, 10:08:30 PM
Calories on Strava.

How accurate is it? A 30km route I did a few weeks ago showed 660 calories. Did the same route tonight with a Wahoo elemnt bolt and heart rate monitor and its uploaded as 1300 calories.  ??? Which is closer?
I did a 32m flattish route last night and burnt near 1300cals according to the Garmin. I have a HRM among other gadgets.

manfromdelmonte

back on the bike big time the last few weeks
need to get some new gear however
anyone got a recommendation for online cycle store with good quality clothing?

redzone

I think someone recommended galliber on here one time. Excellent stuff and grt customer service. Lurgan area I think

redzone

Ga
Quote from: redzone on September 13, 2021, 09:50:21 PM
I think someone recommended galliber on here one time. Excellent stuff and grt customer service. Lurgan area I think
Galibier