Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

The substitutions seriously weakened the team, Abada, Ajeti and McCarthy are just not up to the standard needed against this type of opposition. I think it was McCarthy who was defensively exposed for both BL's 2nd and 3rd goals. Would Soro not have been a better option?   And replacing the front 3 with the reserve 3?
And far too many injury prone players, Biton McCarthy, Rogic, Johnston, Forrest.
All in all though, the team is clearly progressing under Ange.

MK

Quote from: Main Street on November 25, 2021, 08:01:45 PM
The substitutions seriously weakened the team, Abada, Ajeti and McCarthy are just not up to the standard needed against this type of opposition. I think it was McCarthy who was defensively exposed for both BL's 2nd and 3rd goals. Would Soro not have been a better option?   And replacing the front 3 with the reserve 3?
And far too many injury prone players, Biton McCarthy, Rogic, Johnston, Forrest.
All in all though, the team is clearly progressing under Ange.

Clearly the substitutions weakened Celtic.
At 2-1 Jota and Kyogo were withdrawn, replaced by Mikey Johnston and Ajeti who immediately had a good chance to make it 3-1 however within 6 minutes of withdrawing the former duo Leverkeusen hit the target and subsequently went on to score the winner.

Why withdraw the most effective players in such an important game, not only does it reduce their scoring chances but even their ability to hold the ball up whilst trying to see the game out was lost with the introduction of Ajeti and Johnston.

Orior

Definitely a more watchable team these days.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bannside

4 substitutions within a five minute spell midway through the second half seriously weakened our prospects. Upset our momentum completely, and we weren't replacing like for like. A gambol from Ange that misfired, no other way to put it.

On the plus side though, it exposes the fact that additional quality is needed to cut it at this level, so if the board have any ambition they will be proactive in this department.

Maybe Ange knew this lol.....strengthens his hand in making a case for an enhanced transfer budget!

straightred

Quote from: bannside on November 26, 2021, 08:56:35 AM
4 substitutions within a five minute spell midway through the second half seriously weakened our prospects. Upset our momentum completely, and we weren't replacing like for like. A gambol from Ange that misfired, no other way to put it.

On the plus side though, it exposes the fact that additional quality is needed to cut it at this level, so if the board have any ambition they will be proactive in this department.

Maybe Ange knew this lol.....strengthens his hand in making a case for an enhanced transfer budget!

Beyond the first 11 the bench is really weak. Hate to say it but McCarthy seems to be done. Johnson and Ajeti aren't good enough either. Abada has potential but isn't there yet. Last night was disappointing but if it means that the front 3 are in ship shape for Sunday then I'm okay with it. That's more important.

bannside

I think we need to be bigger than thinking as long as we have the right silverware in Scotland (and themmuns don't) then we are doing ok.

Celtic need to measure it standards against excellence in Europe, not dung in Scotland.

Winning the Scottish premier should be about a chance of qualifying for Champions League and the lucrative financial spin offs that derive.

After that the Europa and whatever dollars can be picked up there. We talk of attracting better class players, unfortunately they cost money! And not qualifying for play offs in the Europa Cup will not make Celtic an attractive proposal to potential recruits.

Main Street

SPL title winners go straight into the 2021/22 CL group stage, that's an attractive proposition and should be the out and out main target of this season.

lenny

Quote from: bannside on November 26, 2021, 09:50:30 AM
I think we need to be bigger than thinking as long as we have the right silverware in Scotland (and themmuns don't) then we are doing ok.

Celtic need to measure it standards against excellence in Europe, not dung in Scotland.

Winning the Scottish premier should be about a chance of qualifying for Champions League and the lucrative financial spin offs that derive.

After that the Europa and whatever dollars can be picked up there. We talk of attracting better class players, unfortunately they cost money! And not qualifying for play offs in the Europa Cup will not make Celtic an attractive proposal to potential recruits.

Leverkusen beat Celtic 4.0 at Celtic park just a couple of months ago. It is a dramatic improvement to be leading them with 10 minutes left last night in Germany. Ange is sticking to a system of playing, it's high risk and needs the players very fit. There's definitely a need for more quality strength in depth and hopefully good players will come in in January. The team are entertaining to watch and the support are getting behind them. We could get a good run in the Europa conference but the league has got to be the priority this season.

general_lee

Quote from: Main Street on November 26, 2021, 02:36:59 PM
SPL title winners go straight into the 2021/22 CL group stage, that's an attractive proposition and should be the out and out main target of this season.
100%, I firmly believe this is the goal. A very achievable one at that.

dublin7

Quote from: general_lee on November 26, 2021, 10:26:57 PM

It's. a 50/50 shot. Of course it's achievable. Celtic/Rangers have a far superior budget to anyone else in the SPL

Seriously who exactly do you think you're up against?

Main Street

Quote from: dublin7 on November 26, 2021, 11:04:11 PM

It's. a 50/50 shot. Of course it's achievable. Celtic/Rangers have a far superior budget to anyone else in the SPL

Seriously that's a dumb question.

charlieTully

Still a wakner. I'm calling you put every time. Slide on troll

dublin7

Quote from: charlieTully on November 27, 2021, 07:37:13 PM

I'm still right though & your stupid.

Celtic/Rangers have budgets that are far superior to anyone else in their league. It's a joke.

Shamrock Rovers won the LOI this year & their budget was bigger than some SPL clubs. I mean Celtic fans went mental because they didn't win 10 league titles on a row. Only in Scotland is ridiculously stupid achievements like this a thing

Itchy

Quote from: dublin7 on November 27, 2021, 09:00:27 PM

Celtic/Rangers have budgets that are far superior to anyone else in their league. It's a joke.

Shamrock Rovers won the LOI this year & their budget was bigger than some SPL clubs. I mean Celtic fans went mental because they didn't win 10 league titles on a row. Only in Scotland is ridiculously stupid achievements like this a thing

How many Leinsters and all irelands have dublin in a row at this stage?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Itchy on November 27, 2021, 09:09:17 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on November 27, 2021, 09:00:27 PM

How many Leinsters and all irelands have dublin in a row at this stage?

Think it's 11 leinsters and zero all Irelands
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012