quit yo jibbajabba

BennyCake

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on October 24, 2021, 12:23:45 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 24, 2021, 12:01:33 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 22, 2021, 09:49:32 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 22, 2021, 02:19:07 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 22, 2021, 01:02:26 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 22, 2021, 11:48:47 AM
Ah jaysus, Will Ferrell? I've never found anything he's ever done in any way funny.

Robin Williams the same. He always reminded me of a child sugared up to the tits on sweets, who should be hit a slap in the bake and told to sit the f**k down.

None of Will Ferrell's stuff gave you any sort of laugh at all? Tough crowd

Not a titter. Screaming random shite at the top of your voice is not my idea of funny.

Old School, wedding crashers, other guys, step brothers, blades of glory, anchorman and I'm sure a few others I've forgotten are funny movies. What movies do you find funny?

I like quite a few of those but I really do not like anchorman. I just don't find it funny.

Elf is a classic  ;D

Really?? The only reason I watched to the end was yer woman. It certainly wasn't for  laughing at Will Ferrell because that didn't happen once.

nrico2006

Elf is no classic, pretty poor film.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

Sky Sports Premier League had a decent enough show on there today...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jonkunlon

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 24, 2021, 01:45:05 PM
Yessir 😉

Classic episode. Classic show. They didn't make enough series. Thankfully the American version made up for that.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Jonkunlon on October 24, 2021, 07:15:50 PM
Yessir 😉

Classic episode. Classic show. They didn't make enough series. Thankfully the American version made up for that.

Agree. Both quality. If pushed id say overalll the US version superior but i always doff me cap to the original as without it there would be no other versions. Watched and recorded that one last night. Rewatched today. The songs are superb 😊

mrdeeds

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 24, 2021, 07:22:58 PM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on October 24, 2021, 07:15:50 PM
Yessir 😉

Agree. Both quality. If pushed id say overalll the US version superior but i always doff me cap to the original as without it there would be no other versions. Watched and recorded that one last night. Rewatched today. The songs are superb 😊

The American Office or Parks and Recreation?

Parks for me. Ron a great character.

quit yo jibbajabba

Parks vv good and yes Ron is great but Michael is peerless and most of the US Office was excellent imo

Jonkunlon

The Office well beats P&R for me. Big fan of both editions of The Office. I could watch the interactions between Gareth/Tim and Jim/Dwight all day. Like you said the sentiment attached to the original always made it special but the American version has a much greater spread of great characters in Kevin, Andy, Pam, Toby, Stanley, Darryl and Creed.

quit yo jibbajabba

Agree. Wider scope of characters for sure.

The subtleties of eg Gareths faces while Brent sings and as you say Jim and Dwight had some great interactions. Loved big Kevin (and the scotch egg eating Keith) Stanley was a ledge, big Darryls last episode where they did the song and dance could be watched again and again too.

Would rewatch US Office anytime. Big time commitment tho. UK Office has already been watched several times 😊

BennyCake

The Tim/Gareth rivalry is so much better than the Jim/Dwight one. The Steve Carrell character is not a patch on Brent.

quit yo jibbajabba

I'll politely disagree 😃 but theyre all great

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 24, 2021, 09:12:07 PM
Agree. Wider scope of characters for sure.

The subtleties of eg Gareths faces while Brent sings and as you say Jim and Dwight had some great interactions. Loved big Kevin (and the scotch egg eating Keith) Stanley was a ledge, big Darryls last episode where they did the song and dance could be watched again and again too.

Would rewatch US Office anytime. Big time commitment tho. UK Office has already been watched several times 😊

US Office has restarted this week on sky showcase/comedy. Its almost as if i was meant to rewatch.

On another note ill add Jimmy Carr to my list of stars i refuse to watch.

Wifey is watching The Missing on iplayer, Jimmy Nesbitt one. Any good? Im just watching bits of it..

Im rambling i know 😎

Boycey

Two things I found out today while surfing the dodgy box for a new series to watch.

They have remade Turner and Hooch and it's now a series

They have also remade The Wonder Years, Kevin is a black kid now  :o

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on October 26, 2021, 08:37:19 PM
Two things I found out today while surfing the dodgy box for a new series to watch.

They have remade Turner and Hooch and it's now a series

They have also remade The Wonder Years, Kevin is a black kid now  :o

Not on the TG4 re-runs he's not!

Are they not overdoing it with the black thing? Watched a bit of the Darling Buds of May remake, and it looked like there was hardly a white man living in Kent in the 50's  ;D