The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Tsimikas needs a fair bit of work before he is fit to lace Robertson's boots.

He's very good going forward and can whip in brilliant balls between the keeper and the defenders, but he looked very dodgy defensively at times, getting beaten far too easily on the ground and balls knocked behind. I can see him being targeted by better teams.

johnnycool

Quote from: J70 on August 16, 2021, 01:10:45 PM
Tsimikas needs a fair bit of work before he is fit to lace Robertson's boots.

He's very good going forward and can whip in brilliant balls between the keeper and the defenders, but he looked very dodgy defensively at times, getting beaten far too easily on the ground and balls knocked behind. I can see him being targeted by better teams.

Caught dithering a few times as well..

He'll be targeted alright and with VVD still getting back into the swing of things better teams than Norwich may get a goal or two.

Dire Ear

laoislad

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 21, 2021, 02:34:51 PM
Back where they belong
I didn't post during the game as I didn't want to upset Boycey again.
Decent win and probably could and should have scored a few more.
Tsimikas was excellent I thought. Elliot didn't look out of place either. Matip was excellent.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 21, 2021, 02:34:51 PM
Back where they belong

Could and should have been more. Thought Elliott was excellent

RedHand88

Zero complaints about that. Could watch the buildup to the second goal all day long. Was offered tickets during the week but couldn't go as I'm working. Gutted!

Armamike

Very good performance, especially in the second half.  Looking like themselves again rather than the shell of the team they were at the start of the year.  Great run of form if we include the last 12 games in the league.  The forward passing of Matip and Virgil into midfield shows what we missed last season. Elliott, Matip and Kostas were excellent. Great to see Elliott and Kostas giving the team more options.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

supersub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2021, 05:07:33 PM
Handy openers in fairness

And duly dispatched 5 for 0 against. Great to see.

From the Bunker

Great to see 52K fans in Anfield today! 

Hound

Agree with the positive comments. Great to see new starters make an impact, and Kostas and Elliott have certainly done that.
On the downside, we've given up a lot of goalscoring chances over the 2 games, Ali has been excellent though.

gawa316

Quote from: Hound on August 22, 2021, 07:01:42 AM
Agree with the positive comments. Great to see new starters make an impact, and Kostas and Elliott have certainly done that.
On the downside, we've given up a lot of goalscoring chances over the 2 games, Ali has been excellent though.

Agree with that, Alisson has been excellent in the 2 games and has had a number of 1 on 1's , were he's denied the other team.

Chelsea up next...will be interesting to see the line up. Robbo back on the bench today, so as good as Kostas has been, you'd expect Andy to start. Mentioned on here before but Harvey Elliott is going to be an absolute super star and played really well today. Naby although not spectacular played well again but if im being honest I'd love to see a Fab, Hendo, & Thaigo midfield up against Kante and Jorginho...

gawa316

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gawa316 on August 22, 2021, 08:11:18 PM
Shaq away to Lyon

Not the biggest money but given the current market and his injury record it's not a bad deal. Seemingly no intention to replace him either, Harvey Elliot taking his squad place. There's only likely to be exits rather than new players coming in at this stage. New contracts for Salah and Hendo would be great business and maintenance of player fitness. This squad is good enough to win if the injuries are not as bad as last season.

blewuporstuffed

I wouldn't rule out another player coming in with the situations some clubs find themselves in at the minute, there could be a deal to be done.
At the same time, I think Klopp i genuinely happy with what he has, and I think the squad is strong enough for a title push.
I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade on Origi as a 5th forward option though.......
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either