Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Insider

Quote from: LaurelEye on September 28, 2024, 06:35:09 PM
Quote from: Sideliner on September 28, 2024, 04:47:37 PMWell done Mostrim. Great win after waiting around a good few weeks to play.

Things have spiralled downwards very quickly for Carrickedmond. Their performances in the group stages warranted another year at Senior level, but with two going down this year, it made it treacherous for many clubs. At least 3 or 4 other teams were only a game away from ending up in the relegation playoffs.

I'm afraid that their off-field behaviour has left me with absolutely no sympathy for them. (And I'm not referring here to the appeals, which they were entitled to do even if the cause was always hopeless, but to the stuff going on further in the background.)
That saga still hasn't ended

LaurelEye

Quote from: The Insider on September 30, 2024, 08:55:50 PM
Quote from: LaurelEye on September 28, 2024, 06:35:09 PM
Quote from: Sideliner on September 28, 2024, 04:47:37 PMWell done Mostrim. Great win after waiting around a good few weeks to play.

Things have spiralled downwards very quickly for Carrickedmond. Their performances in the group stages warranted another year at Senior level, but with two going down this year, it made it treacherous for many clubs. At least 3 or 4 other teams were only a game away from ending up in the relegation playoffs.

I'm afraid that their off-field behaviour has left me with absolutely no sympathy for them. (And I'm not referring here to the appeals, which they were entitled to do even if the cause was always hopeless, but to the stuff going on further in the background.)
That saga still hasn't ended

I'm sure it hasn't; but our part in it is over.

LaurelEye

Quote from: Sideliner on September 30, 2024, 06:55:46 PMHard luck Laurel. Ye had a lot to contend with this year and still were only a kick of a ball away from a final.
I didn't get to see the game. Were you impressed with Colmcille?

I was too preoccupied and too "in the moment" to actually appreciate it at the time as a game; I'll look at it later on Cl*bb*r when I'm a little less depressed :-\. As I said, my real impression is that while they were the stronger team overall, we missed a lot of chances - some due to the wind - and failed to take advantage of the nine-minute period with the extra man or the defensive errors that Colmcille made at the very, very end.