CORK V CLARE

Started by didlyi, July 21, 2008, 05:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

didlyi

Hmm. I would normally go for Cork when these two meet but Ive a feeling that this will be a rare chamiobship win for the Banner. Cork on a high, one week to recover, thinkin of KK and Clare will be thinkin of nothing else but revenge for 2005. Clare cant  bad up front as the last day and Joe Deane will not get the room he got against Galway. Clare by a point!

AZOffaly

I'd be inclined to agree with you, except for one thing. Clare's half forward line was hurled up and down a stick against Tipperary, with O'Mahoney and Corcoran especially cleaning up for long periods. Cork's half back line is even stronger, probably, and unless Clare can bypass that line, or come up with a plan, they'll be undone.

One thing is for certain though, Clare won't be bullied (legally) off the ball like the Galway lads were...

AZOffaly

By the way, this is another Double header on Sunday (I think) in Thurles. I think that's a good decision. Logistically Wexford, Waterford, Clare and Cork are all close enough to Thurles, and it should make for a great day out, probably close to 45-50k there.

Bacon

This will be one hell of a battle no doubt about it. I take Cork to win but they will have to fight for it all the way.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

EddieMerx

No doubt Clare will be hurt by their terrible performance in the Munster Final, I don't think passion alone is enough and I can't see their forwards getting much change out of the Corks backs. Cork to win by 5 or 6

AZOffaly

The closer we get to this, the more of a chance I'm giving to Clare, in my head. I think Mike Mc has done the right thing in putting gerry Quinn in at centre back, and Bugler on the wing, dropping Conor Plunkett. Quinn moving in there against Tipp made a big difference to that game, and he should hold things together there.

Clare hit a lot of wides against Tipp, but if they can have a better day in front of the posts, they have a right chance. Griffin, Carmody and McMahon should be able to compete physically with the Cork half back line, and Barry Nugent is in as well, so Clare have big enough forwards, apart from Jonathan Clancy.

I'm changing my mind. I've talked myself into it. Clare by 3.

EddieMerx

Agree that the changes will help Clares cause but I just don't think they have the firepower to beat Cork. AZ what did you think of the U21 last night or have you tried to blank it out ;) KK were really impressive, fascinating how all their teams have adopted the senior style of play thus ensuring guys slot into the senior team when their time comes.

AZOffaly

I'm blanking it out. Putting it down to a bad day at the office. Very disappointed, but trying to focus on the recent positives. Offaly never looked up for the game, didn't pressurise at all, and our half forward line was wiped out.

Gutted to be honest, but that was a good Cats team.

EddieMerx

Cats seemed the fresher team alright, probably too many of the Offaly players were suffering after their exploits with teh senior team!! Personally I think it's beacuse Cowen was there, he seems to bring bad luck for ye ;)

Ash Smoker

I think Cork are on a roll after the second half last week.
Clare are coming off the back of underperforming in the Munster final.
Clare need to make it physical to have a chance.

Ash Smoker

Clare are really putting it up to Cork.
Time for Cork to sacrifice Big Diarmuid again, or he will lose it for them.
Cork would have a better chance of beating Kilkenny in the semi though.

Reillers

I think you're right I think Sully should be subbed. But then again we're struggling around the pitch in other places. I'm not too worried if we get a good start in the second half I think we could do it but like Clare want it more, the Cork players..again, need a kick up the arse. I think were in need of another half time speech. If we put up a big fight like we did against Galway then I'll be happy but I don't know if we have it left in us. Hopefully we do.

Ok actually I am worried.

UP THE REBELS!!

INDIANA

have to say dickie murphy is having a nightmare day, won;t be getting any christmas cards in clare

INDIANA

terrible refereeing though. He missed at least 2 frees at the end for clare and i think clancy's point was over the bar. Certainly the view from behind was that it just sneaked in.
Clare conceded 2 awful goals and couldn't sustain the physical intensity necessary to beat a technically superior team. Well doen to Cork though on the comeback , but I still don't see them beating the Cats. Ultimately the 2 goals cost Clare, you wouldn;t see them in an U14 game.

Two Hands FFS

Fair play to Cork. Another great match. Cork's main players showed serious character in that second half but they cant afford a bad start against the cats. Surely The rock wont start the semi??

Clare were 5 up when they should have had a penalty