Tipp-Limerick

Started by thejuice, June 10, 2007, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wickla

TORGAEL

Fishead_Sam

FanFUCKINGtastic Game.

Have just seen the BIG game of the weekend, the others will do well to beat that, I really hope they do, because it could be a sign of an enetertaining summer ahead.

Fishead_Sam

5 Times that hurley did not seem to be attached to anyones hand when it knocked the ball out of play, is it based on the hurley being in a players hand or last person to touch the hurley when it is still in action. From my point of view it was the free flying hurley which last touched the sliotar.

Perhaps it should be a double header in Croker with the next Dublin match  ;)

amallon

fantastic game! A marvelous advert for hurling. Two teams of gutsy feckers giving it all.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

furboot

Brillo game - any team coming from 10 points down and playin badly deserve another go....and but for all those wides........can't wait for episode 3...also remember that Limerick beat Tipp in 96 Final in a replay and while googling for some rundown on it I see it's available on DVD - at www.dvdsales.ie for any others who might have great memories of that day (this is not a plug just it's nice to see some of these great games of the past are being dusted down!!)...is the replay Sat or sunday ?

didlyi

Well this years munster champopnship isnt going to be won easy and the beauty is we've 2 more crackers before the final. Hard to analyse a game like that and a draw was once again the fair result but I still suspect that tipp are the better team but the best team doesnt always win and I feel limerick will take em at home next weekend. Replay on sat!

Shamrock Shore

Gripping game - that Ollie Moran is some man for one man.

ONeill

Either the Treaty have savage belief or Tipp aren't good enough to close out a game. Tipp folded in those last 10 minutes of normal time. Shouldn't have happened.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

agorm

That game was what hurling is all about. This was a game that seemed over early in the second half and Limerick slowly but surely reeled Tipp in. The end of extra time was something else and it took some guts for O' Shaugnessy to go up and hit that 65 after missing the chance a couple of minutes earlier.

Mighty stuff.

Hardy

Mighty stuff indeed and it's why we're all here. And I'm off on the road in the morning to be present at what will, I hope, be another epic.

Aren't we blessed to be alive in times like these.

darbyo

Sorry to rain on the parade but while the two games were high scoring and tight some of the hurling was very poor, lots of poor striking, poor first touch and a bit disjointed. Glad many of you enjoyed it but I'm off to the real deal (I hope) today Waterford V Cork.

Leith_Limerick_Lad

What a game!!! I had given up all hope at half time, but what a come back. Ollie Moran and Geary were superb, and Shocks had a pretty good game aswell. Same old stroy for Limerick, too many stupid frees given away, and far too many wides. I nearly had a heart attack at the end when we almost scored a goal, but a draw is a fair result. Back to the Gaelic Grounds to finish the job....I hope ;)

milltown row

yes on today and can't believe no posts about that match, limerick no game plan at all just get the ball and move it quick, highy low did not matter a f**k. just shows that pure hunger for the ball will come through everytime. thought when tipp brought Benny Dunne back to sweep up would work but big Begly was like two men in that forward line. Limerick could have won it late on but that would have been an injustice to both teams.

football games would rarely ever live up to that game, unreal. Good shot in the arm along with the other game yesterday

lemon125

Quote from: prewtna on June 16, 2007, 09:12:38 PM
such an interview on the radio. some player (sorry im not a hurling man) but he all f**k this and f**k that f**king bullshit stories. martin kiely had to stop him, "look your tired emotional and we'll let you go"

:D :D :D :D

Ha ha...
Class.. Seamus Butler was his name. Spoke to him Saturday about it, asked what did he say etc. It was like a flash back after a night on the beer, he barely remembered talking to him and then got all embarrased when he rememberd bits of what he said! Shows how emotional you can get playing in a frantic match like that and how cruel it is to pick out a lad who was just after playing 90 min of hurling. Well at least it wasnt the usual shit that everyone throws out every single time.

Tipp have impoved since the first day and should improve again. The axing of cummins has prob frightened the Tipp lads into playing better, Babs next step is to drop the captain... Deja Vu anyone????