Wexford V Dublin (Hurling)

Started by Fishead_Sam, June 08, 2007, 01:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Quote from: hardstation on June 09, 2007, 08:57:26 PM
Why the new character Lecale? Hard luck to the Dubs. Soon we will be hearing talk of an All Ireland double.

Not me. Some clown messing about.

magickingdom

hard luck to the dubs i'd love to see them progress in hurling. a successfull dublin team is the best way to promote the game..

neilthemac

or unsuccessful Cork, Kilkenny and Tipperary teams!

Farrandeelin

Pity Dublin lost alright. Anyone care to shed any light on who played well for them?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

resdubwhite

Was at the game.

Really enjoyable evening.

Fantastic pitch and two teams leaving it all on the pitch. Wexford did just seem to have the better hurlers on display, and the seventeen wides tel ltheir own story, mind you i'm convinced their seocnd goal was a square ball (but you win some and you lose some) and only for a duffed sideline puck the game was a draw.
For the dubs, I thought O'Driscoll and Kelly were causing Wexford full back line all sorts of trouble. Fallon was solid, Hiney and O'Meara were sometimes inspirational.

Well done to Wexford though, they were in a dogfight and came out of it the other side. My only hope is that Dublin do one of the bigger sides in the qualifiers.

INDIANA

would echo the sentiments above from a dublin perspective.
My only gripe is that the last free was an absolute disgrace- i didn't have  agood view of it last night but after seeing it on the sunday game again. that was a scandalous decision.

didlyi

I think Dublin are better off in the qualifiers. With due respect Kilkenny would destroy them in the final and set them back years and thats last thing Dublin hurling needs now. They will be in a leinster final in the next few years and will be better for it by playing as many top teams as possible. Group b in the qualifiers could be intersting this year and if they are good enough they will qulalify. All said a good weekend for hurling in genaral and a glimmer of hope for the future of leinster hurling.

Model Hammer

Quote from: INDIANA on June 10, 2007, 11:29:54 PM
would echo the sentiments above from a dublin perspective.
My only gripe is that the last free was an absolute disgrace- i didn't have  agood view of it last night but after seeing it on the sunday game again. that was a scandalous decision.
I only saw 'The Sunday Game' and I'm not sure that I could see any foul on Rory Mac at the end. Certainly nothing that would usually earn you a free in injury time of a draw match ...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: didlyi on June 10, 2007, 11:46:21 PM
I think Dublin are better off in the qualifiers. With due respect Kilkenny would destroy them in the final and set them back years and thats last thing Dublin hurling needs now. They will be in a leinster final in the next few years and will be better for it by playing as many top teams as possible. Group b in the qualifiers could be intersting this year and if they are good enough they will qulalify. All said a good weekend for hurling in genaral and a glimmer of hope for the future of leinster hurling.

I agree,While a Leinster Final would have been great for the Dubs it might have been a bit soon for them,It was same with Laois when they played Offaly i had thought we were in with a chance of beating them(i was wrong) but what was the prize if we had beat Offaly? Kilkenny!!

I think the Dubs are way ahead of Laois now too,they were fairly level for past decade but even with all the effort being put in,in Laois we just don't have the players
I think the Dubs could upset a few in the qualifiers
You'll Never Walk Alone.

INDIANA

hopefully- for us to get that close to wexford missing 5 of our best players was huge. Five years ago wexford would have  put 20 points on us. Wexford were the better team on the night and will be disapointed by the wide count- but i honestlly believe had we a full complement we would ahve taken them. But we may be better off - in fairness to wexford they are the one team who will raise their game against kilkenny.
Thought their fans gave their team some awful abuse during the game- could have been just where i was sitting. I don't like Meyler though an arrogant bollox if i ever met one- had the misfortune of running into him in my fitzgibbon days- a complete p***k.