Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Take_her_back_ref

With IC not being given an exemption this year, I fear it'll be much later in the year before club football can be played. IC, I would think, would be given clearance to be played first whenever that is. Club football will be given clearance much later. I don't think the GAA will be in a position to choose which goes first. Their hands may be tied if they want to get both completed this year.

Angelo

Quote from: Take_her_back_ref on February 11, 2021, 01:34:38 PM
With IC not being given an exemption this year, I fear it'll be much later in the year before club football can be played. IC, I would think, would be given clearance to be played first whenever that is. Club football will be given clearance much later. I don't think the GAA will be in a position to choose which goes first. Their hands may be tied if they want to get both completed this year.

I think club should be played first regardless. If it's Jan/Feb/Mar or Apr/May/Jun it should not really matter - just give it the ample time to run it off. I take it there will be no provincial or AI club series again this year?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sam03/05

People seem to be mixing this debate on GAA return up with the debate over club v county
They are two completely different discussions.

If the GAA cannot allow IC as they feels it's not safe (according to Horan) then they cannot allow club - which would mean hundreds of clubs, thousands of players mixing and playing. Where as county would be much smaller numbers and manageable

The Trap

I dont agree with county chairman asking for a club first season. If that were the case it would become very squeezed and no time for provincial championships again.
Dont think it is practical anyway. With numbers how they are there is no way clubs will get the go ahead first. Much easier to regulate county teams to begin with.
And when it is time for clubs to start there is no reason why each county cant play games to coincide with part of the county season.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: The Trap on February 12, 2021, 08:51:45 AM
I dont agree with county chairman asking for a club first season. If that were the case it would become very squeezed and no time for provincial championships again.
Dont think it is practical anyway. With numbers how they are there is no way clubs will get the go ahead first. Much easier to regulate county teams to begin with.
And when it is time for clubs to start there is no reason why each county cant play games to coincide with part of the county season.
The best situation is to let the clubs play their season first. When club competitions can begin in May or worst case scenario June it should go first then and county held until the autumn. Covers all players and keeps them happy. Underage particularly needs to begin as soon as possible including the outstanding finals from 2020. To turn around and say no club action to August and September while county goes ahead would be unacceptable.

Angelo

Something has to give though.

The national league is already vastly reduced at county level, it could go completely, the Championship could very well be retained as it was last year.

So the clubs scene will invariably be curtailed if the county season is too. Do we go for condensed league campaigns like intercounty. 4/5 rounds of league games then Championship in order to save the provincial and AI club series or do we go with a fuller league campaign and county championship but abandon Provincial and AI Series.

It's likely there won't be a ball kicked by May in terms of an official match so you're looking at a situation where nearly half the calendar is gone.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Take_her_back_ref on February 11, 2021, 01:34:38 PM

Exactly. Choice is out of their hands on that one.

PMG1

Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 12:15:06 PM

The national league is already vastly reduced at county level, it could go completely, the Championship could very well be retained as it was last year.

So the clubs scene will invariably be curtailed if the county season is too. Do we go for condensed league campaigns like intercounty. 4/5 rounds of league games then Championship in order to save the provincial and AI club series or do we go with a fuller league campaign and county championship but abandon Provincial and AI Series.

It's likely there won't be a ball kicked by May in terms of an official match so you're looking at a situation where nearly half the calendar is gone.

Provincial and AI club series is the least of anyone's worries so forget about it. Clubs must be started as early as possible and county must be finished before that or at least start the clubs with starred games until county is finished. It wouldn't worry me at all if there was no inter county this year at all, most important is to get as much club football as possible and that way no one loses out

Angelo

Quote from: PMG1 on February 12, 2021, 10:37:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 12:15:06 PM

Provincial and AI club series is the least of anyone's worries so forget about it. Clubs must be started as early as possible and county must be finished before that or at least start the clubs with starred games until county is finished. It wouldn't worry me at all if there was no inter county this year at all, most important is to get as much club football as possible and that way no one loses out

It's a tricky one.

I think the club season should run first and see how it goes. If there is time to run the intercounty season off then well and good, if not then hold over to next year.

But we probably both know the intercounty season is the cashcow in terms of TV deals and sponsorships so will be prioritised. It will probably be a compromise of two condensed seasons most likely now.

Under Lights

What's the story with the Gaa pulling the loss of earnings insurance? First time since 1926.
Players not covered for upcoming season, will require their own insurance, be harder to get people to pay membership

delgany

Quote from: Under Lights on February 15, 2021, 06:23:11 PM
What's the story with the Gaa pulling the loss of earnings insurance? First time since 1926.
Players not covered for upcoming season, will require their own insurance, be harder to get people to pay membership

No gate receipts from National leagues, which covered the difference between PI scheme and club contributions!

marty34

Quote from: delgany on February 15, 2021, 07:01:03 PM

No gate receipts from National leagues, which covered the difference between PI scheme and club contributions!

Insurance seems to be a rip-off, in all facets of Irish society.

delgany

Quote from: marty34 on February 15, 2021, 08:38:59 PM

Self- employed are hardest hit in this set up

marty34

Quote from: delgany on February 15, 2021, 09:19:55 PM
Quote from: marty34 on February 15, 2021, 08:38:59 PM

Self- employed are hardest hit in this set up

Very true.

bogball88

Conor Gormley was going around a few years ago selling private insurance to players on behalf of someone IIRC