Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: clarshack on January 18, 2021, 10:00:55 AM
would prefer they went with u13.5, u-15.5 etc to keep friends at school playing together in the same team.

Has that not already been agreed?

Goals_Will_Come

Option A
Option A would be to have full adult leagues in senior and reserves and our usual knockout championships. In divisions 1,2,3 this would mean playing 17,15 and 14 league games respectively.
Realistically in order to fit all these games in, you would have to start your leagues in late April / May and complete them end of October subject to Provincial club championships.
Championship winners and league winners (or the second placed) league team would be promoted same as last year. It would be impractical to keep adding to the numbers in the senior and intermediate leagues so in the event of going with a full league and that we delay moving the leagues to the 4 x 12 league format for 2022 and to regain the 16 team league format, 4 teams would have to be relegated from division one in order to allow the promotion of the other two teams.
In addition with the extra 2 leagues games there is a possibility that the number of star games would need to be increased from the usual 5.

Probably the most likely situation for 2021, increase starred games and play those through the inter county window. They will likely pick up the Monaghan model and increase points for the non-starred rounds.

blewuporstuffed

I really don't see us being in a position for club football to start in April or May
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 18, 2021, 11:26:04 AM
I really don't see us being in a position for club football to start in April or May

Nah not a chance at the minute, maybe end of May. May hope these next two weeks predicted aren't as bad, if not....maybe. If so. We'll do well to see club football by summer.

marty34

Quote from: Wolfetones on January 18, 2021, 10:34:31 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on January 18, 2021, 10:24:34 AM
would prefer they went with u13.5, u-15.5 etc to keep friends at school playing together in the same team.

U13, U15, U17. The use of half years for competitive games was ruled out by Croke Park when asked last year.

Why was that?

marty34

Quote from: Wolfetones on January 18, 2021, 12:23:49 PM
Quote from: marty34 on January 18, 2021, 12:14:26 PM

U13, U15, U17. The use of half years for competitive games was ruled out by Croke Park when asked last year.

Why was that?

January 1st is used in the official guide and that would have to be changed to allow it.

Ok, thanks WT.

Will that ever be changed do you reckon?

PMG1

Quote from: marty34 on January 18, 2021, 12:25:21 PM

Why was that?

January 1st is used in the official guide and that would have to be changed to allow it.

Ok, thanks WT.

Won't ever happen as both jurisdictions have different school years and they are trying to regularise things across all counties. And in case anyone starts blaming county board for these new age groups, they had no choice on this occasion as it is a remit from Croke park to all counties.

I think we should plan for option A as it's the only option that really allows for reserve football as well but I would stagger the points system so non starred games are worth more. I think sport will be allowed come April/May

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: PMG1 on January 18, 2021, 01:34:19 PM
Quote from: marty34 on January 18, 2021, 12:25:21 PM

Why was that?

Ok, thanks WT.

Won't ever happen as both jurisdictions have different school years and they are trying to regularise things across all counties. And in case anyone starts blaming county board for these new age groups, they had no choice on this occasion as it is a remit from Croke park to all counties.

I think we should plan for option A as it's the only option that really allows for reserve football as well but I would stagger the points system so non starred games are worth more. I think sport will be allowed come April/May
Agree with that. We are in the worst of it at the minute but the R number is down and cases are falling. So think come that end of April start of May you would be in a position to be playing games again so should be planning for option A.
Option A also the best way to go for their plans to move the leagues back to 16 teams each, the summer model doesn't lend itself fairly for relegation.

LeoMc

I prefer the existing system. Some lads have good birthdays for school football, some have good birthdays for club football. It spreads the leadership development out a bit.

skeog

With all the disruption keeping children interested could be a problem.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: skeog on January 18, 2021, 09:44:30 PM

This will be the end of some clubs. Some were hanging on as it was. I've heard a few lower Junior clubs losing players already to bigger neighbours.

bogball88

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 19, 2021, 09:50:09 AM
Quote from: skeog on January 18, 2021, 09:44:30 PM

This will be the end of some clubs. Some were hanging on as it was. I've heard a few lower Junior clubs losing players already to bigger neighbours.
Can you enlighten us further?

GetOverTheBar

Brackaville have lost a few, Clonoe and Coalisland gaining at their expense.

Killyman have lost a whole family to Edendork by accounts. Not a club that could afford to lose many players as it was.

square_ball

I don't understand youngsters leaving smaller clubs to go to bigger clubs. They'll be another number at that club and unless they are an outstanding player they'll not kick a ball beyond u12/14.

Im assuming you are talking about youth players and not senior. But probably the point still stands of it was senior level.

GetOverTheBar

These are adult players I am talking about.

But with things being how they are, there'll be a lot who just don't go back to playing without transfers and the likes.

Junior clubs will be under pressure to look at the recent Newtonstewart/Dregish combination.