Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: WT4E on July 05, 2016, 10:11:17 AM
Quote from: redzone on July 01, 2016, 10:43:55 PM
Kildress beat greencastle tonight, is it the start of the  great escape by them

A much needed win for the Tones - A much improved performance in a local derby. Been a while since we beat Greencastle. Not sure what the Greencastle lads thought but noticed they had a few decent subs enter the fray - would they have thought that Kildress where a push over and it back fired?

Still a long way out but we've given ourselves a chance considering defeat would have basically meant relegation in early July!
Greencaslte kept the same team that had beaten Galbally in the previous game when a few men were missing for various reasons.
No one from Greencastle were saying that Kildress were pushovers but atleast you made better work than Galbally at beating a Greencastle reserve senior combination, fair play.

WT4E

Quote from: The Trap on July 07, 2016, 10:42:26 AM
This really is an awful time of the year for everyone involved in club football. What is your club doing at the minute? Training away, taking a break, playing friendlies? Don't know when the next game is, when the championship is, whether to book a holiday or not.........the hardcore of senior players will train away but there aren't many reserves about at the minute!

Dead right they are too - Off enjoying themselves whilst the senior lad in the club is flogged like the professional he's not!  ;D

WT4E

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on July 07, 2016, 10:59:20 AM
Quote from: WT4E on July 05, 2016, 10:11:17 AM
Quote from: redzone on July 01, 2016, 10:43:55 PM
Kildress beat greencastle tonight, is it the start of the  great escape by them

A much needed win for the Tones - A much improved performance in a local derby. Been a while since we beat Greencastle. Not sure what the Greencastle lads thought but noticed they had a few decent subs enter the fray - would they have thought that Kildress where a push over and it back fired?

Still a long way out but we've given ourselves a chance considering defeat would have basically meant relegation in early July!
Greencaslte kept the same team that had beaten Galbally in the previous game when a few men were missing for various reasons.
No one from Greencastle were saying that Kildress were pushovers but atleast you made better work than Galbally at beating a Greencastle reserve senior combination, fair play.

We'll take whatever we can get at the minute - Thanks

If you can play your senior - reserve combination for the rest of the year that'd be great!

BTW fair play to Greencastle - You have come a long way considering you now throw out reserve/senior combos against Galbally and Kildress (two proud clubs but just maybe not operating at the Greencastle level at the minute)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Trap on July 07, 2016, 10:42:26 AM
This really is an awful time of the year for everyone involved in club football. What is your club doing at the minute? Training away, taking a break, playing friendlies? Don't know when the next game is, when the championship is, whether to book a holiday or not.........the hardcore of senior players will train away but there aren't many reserves about at the minute!

There is no football now until the 24th July at the earliest so i would book a way if i was you
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tommo2

The next few weeks would be ideal to play the reserve championship. I know they have to be played after the 1st round of the senior championship, but it would be a great time. In order to ensure that no teams fielded dodgy teams full of senior players, all players that played the 1st round of the senior championship last year could be excluded from playing.

redhandofgod

Are reserve players not entitled to the holiday break aswell???

Tommo2

Quote from: redhandofgod on July 08, 2016, 09:54:31 AM
Are reserve players not entitled to the holiday break aswell???

Sorry, I meant to play it from last week in July over the month of August. Given Tyrones progression, there is unlikely to be many senior games.

supersarsfields

Hi Everyone,

Our club (Drumragh) are doing a fundraiser at the minute and we would appreciate some support if possible. We are running a Tyrone Dream Team Competition online with tickets £10.00 per go. You get a chance to select your "Dream Team" with 6 options for each position. The team that's closest to the panel's final decision wins. Something a little bit different but sure to get the competitive juices flowing.

You can select the team using the following link and pick the on-line option.
http://www.tyronedreamteam.com/home

Your support would be greatly appreciated and please share with anyone else that would take an interest.

Go raibh maith agat

bogball88

Anyone know the story with fixtures for the next couple of weekends i.e. will they be starred fixtures or not?

Tyrone Gaa

This weeks fixtures are not starred.  There are only 2 rounds of starred fixtures remaining
Living the dream!!!

Gaffer

Which means that Justin McMahon will pick up an injury which will make him doubtful for the quarter final. You heard it here first!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Uncle Kev

Quote from: Gaffer on July 20, 2016, 12:53:05 PM
Which means that Justin McMahon will pick up an injury which will make him doubtful for the quarter final. You heard it here first!!
An absolute disgrace that this weekends games are not starred . There are vermin within the county board who obviously don't want Tyrone to win another All Ireland. I call for the tyrone chairman to make a ruling and if he hasn't the balls to do so;lack it in ! Micky Harte must be fuming at the shower of shite that is handling the fixtures. On hard pitches anything can happen and I don't want to tempt fate. Wise up you load of Willie Frazer type bureaucrats!

PMG1

Uncle Kev, there are 48 clubs in this county who work their asses off on numerous occasions every day of the week to coach, train and nurture the talent that won the ulster title at the weekend.  The least they deserve is to have these players playing for them in vital league games.  Club always comes first and any county player worth their salt (and I know our three do) would agree.  Do you think these players want to be wrapped up in cotton wool for 3 weeks rather than playing a competitive game for their club? 

Uncle Kev

Quote from: PMG1 on July 20, 2016, 06:00:35 PM
Uncle Kev, there are 48 clubs in this county who work their asses off on numerous occasions every day of the week to coach, train and nurture the talent that won the ulster title at the weekend.  The least they deserve is to have these players playing for them in vital league games.  Club always comes first and any county player worth their salt (and I know our three do) would agree.  Do you think these players want to be wrapped up in cotton wool for 3 weeks rather than playing a competitive game for their club?
PMG1 I am not looking 48 games off ! There is no reason why starred games can't be played as the league is well through. Dromore v Clonoe and Omagh v Ardboe involves a lot of county men that Mickey would regret if he did not gave them fit for 6 th August. If mc carron , Sludden mcnabb or justy suffered an injury on hard ground this weekend you'd be down in the dumps. Go ahead with all league fixtures but don't risk men that are vital to Tyrines quest for a 4 th Sam ! By the way what was your selection for the Drumragh dream team ?

skeog

uncle kev rain forecast so ground be soft