Hurling Management Sim

Started by The Real Laoislad, June 28, 2007, 07:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishead_Sam

Can't find it in Mayo a bit like real hurling up to 15 years ago  ;)

screenmachine

just ordered it off pride.ie there..anyone else ordered it this way? what timescale are we talking about for delivery? any screenshots anywhere?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Fishead_Sam

Is it a Championship Manager style game or is it like the football game, that turned out to be woefull, also if its a PC game will it work on a really crap computer or does it need fairly up to date software to run?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 05, 2007, 05:21:08 PM
Is it a Championship Manager style game or is it like the football game, that turned out to be woefull, also if its a PC game will it work on a really crap computer or does it need fairly up to date software to run?

It's like championship manager.

The Real Laoislad

I have a brand new laptop with Windows Vista and i can't get the bloody game to work >:(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 05, 2007, 07:07:19 PM

I have a brand new laptop with Windows Vista and i can't get the bloody game to work >:(

Go onto their forum for the game Laois Lad. They might be able to tell you how to get it running on Vista.

Got the game today but haven't had a chance to have a go yet.

neilthemac

right. getting this game tomorrow.

at least I won't be missing the fine hurling weather   ::)

corn02

Excellent to see Dundalk don't have it either.

corn02

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: corn02 on July 08, 2007, 11:37:49 PM
Any more reviews lads?

I only played one challenge game in it. Haven't done any training or played a full season yet.

Went down to Ennis to play Clare. Game finished 2-13 apiece so it's fair to say that I'm an improvement on Ger Loughnane. ;D

GY Joe

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 09, 2007, 12:19:48 AM
Quote from: corn02 on July 08, 2007, 11:37:49 PM
Any more reviews lads?

I only played one challenge game in it. Haven't done any training or played a full season yet.

Went down to Ennis to play Clare. Game finished 2-13 apiece so it's fair to say that I'm an improvement on Ger Loughnane. ;D

You've got the job GBB...

Balboa

You can get it in Gaa Store, www.thegaastore.com

AZOffaly

I picked it up in a newsagent in Killaloe on Saturday morning. It's in all the little shops in Tipperary :D I like it I have to say. The training and stuff is the most important thing it looks like. I started as Offaly, spent tiny money (to simulate real life :D) on coaches, selectors etc, and proceeded to ignore my Coach's consultations regarding the training times, content etc. I won the first two challenge matches against Tyrone and Derry, but got beaten by Louth!! The players turned turk on me, (again quite realistically I thought!) and started doing dodgy newspaper interviews. Dylan Hayden had to be severely reprimanded a couple of times, and I revoked his press access. The slide continued though, and in our next pre-season friendly, Dublin beat us 2-22 to 0-08. The County Board, again totally realistically for Offaly, gave me my P45, before even playing a league game. I had brought Offaly from 9th ranked to something like 25th :D

Simmering with Resentment I went on to coach Westmeath. I spent money on Selectors and Coaches, thanks to a wealthy supporters club and sponsorship from Hogan Stand. Beat Derry and Longford twice each in pre-season. Lost to Tipperary by 5 points in the final pre-season game and then got my revenge as Offaly visited Cusack Park in the first game of the League. Result Westmeath 2-15 Offaly 1-10.

Then I did an Eamon Cregan on it and cried for the evening :D

All in all, very enjoyable so far, and I like the fact that you can set up your tactics and training to complement each other, and you can see the effect that it has on individual players, and can tailor their training according to their needs. For example, Andrew Mitchell was missing a few frees for Westmeath until I gave him a boot up the hole and he is now knocking them over for fun. Also the Pre-Match and Half time team talks can work as well.

All the above was in a few hours at beginner level, so I'd imagine it will get even more engrossing at higher levels. If I get time!!.

screenmachine

my copy arrived their yesterday...decided to take on cork hoping that kilkenny would be the top dogs and try to challenge them but cork are unbelieveable in it...joe deane scores about 10 points a game (deadly from frees)... kilkenny beat me by 2 points in a friendly at the start of the season but i've went through the league and won comfortably in all games bar my revenge on kilkenny which ended in a 4 point victory...training is good but i read in higher levels you arent able to consult your coach for hints about training so ya'd need to play a bit in the lower levels for a while i would imagine.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Craigyhill Terror

Real Laois Lad,

Did you ever get the game to work?