Leinster Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by Rossfan, June 25, 2021, 05:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

All year I thought it was pretty much a nailed on Dublin v Kerry final. However Dublin have laboured against Meath and Kildare in successive matches now and Mayo are a notch up from those 2 sides. Who knows but Mayo can at least travel with some hope. Let's hope so anyway because Dublin matches are just incredibly boring to watch now.

Wildweasel74

Dublin lad been fouled on the led up to that disallowed goal there

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 01, 2021, 05:35:50 PM
Dublin lad been fouled on the led up to that disallowed goal there

I thought he'd taken too many steps before you think he was fouled
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

FT Dublin 0-20 Kildare 1-9. I see Mayo winning the All-Ireland semi final if Dublins bring their form from today, Wexford and Meath games into that match.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 01, 2021, 05:27:20 PM
Kilkenny will go Down as the best forward to ever play for Dublin.

Maybe there's an argument for that but Diarmuid Connolly was far more enjoyable to watch in his prime. Kilkenny is a serious athlete but not very adventurous. He loves to run back into his own half of the field when he receives the ball near to goal, which is hard to watch.

GalwayBayBoy

Dubs definitely not the side they were a few years ago but I do think they are content to just do enough these days to win games. I do think they have a big performance or two still in them. And a lot of people will be tipping Mayo now in the semi-final which might get them going.

Dinny Breen

Meh! Kildare were competitive enough. Accuracy was not where it needs be but with Division 1 football next season Feeley, Doyle and Cribben to return I am optimistic that we can close the gap as Dublin will transition for a year or two before kicking on. The mad Flynn brothers were class, Dan best player on the pitch and Luke marked Fenton out of the game. A decent year. Everyone was expecting a trimming so confidence maintained. Only 2 goals conceded all year.
#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

A lot here getting carried away. Dublin don't care about hammering teams anymore. It's hard for Dublin to get themselves up for a Championship that they have dominated for the guts of 17 year now. They won't fear Mayo. Most of this group have never lost to Mayo in League or Championship.

trailer

Silkyskillssunshinee

Hopefully both Meath and Kildare actually build on this season next year unlike previous campaigns where they regress. Offaly and Westmeath on the up as well.

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 01, 2021, 05:49:49 PM
Meh! Kildare were competitive enough. Accuracy was not where it needs be but with Division 1 football next season Feeley, Doyle and Cribben to return I am optimistic that we can close the gap as Dublin will transition for a year or two before kicking on. The mad Flynn brothers were class, Dan best player on the pitch and Luke marked Fenton out of the game. A decent year. Everyone was expecting a trimming so confidence maintained. Only 2 goals conceded all year.
It all depends on whether Kildare can build on today. Next year fewer of the dropped shots, more cuteness etc. They do have the potential but will need to stay in D1.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Leinster football would sicken your hole.

twohands!!!

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 01, 2021, 05:50:37 PM
A lot here getting carried away. Dublin don't care about hammering teams anymore. It's hard for Dublin to get themselves up for a Championship that they have dominated for the guts of 17 year now. They won't fear Mayo. Most of this group have never lost to Mayo in League or Championship.

Yup - they very much look a team who know they don't get anything extra beating the opposition by 8 points or 18 points.

Double-digit hammerings only hasten the day that Dublin will be split.
More "competitive" winning margins delay that day a bit further.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 01, 2021, 05:50:37 PM

Of course they care, today was another championship match where Dublin have showed lacklustre form that is very simliar to 2012. The upcoming All-Ireland semi final is there for Mayo to win.

APM

Quote from: trailer on August 01, 2021, 05:52:33 PM
Boring and unwatchable.

I don't give a shite about the Dub's process.  That crap is unwatchable and frustrating for any viewer - surely even for the Dubs.  Passing the ball about between them, between midfield and the oppositions 21 is not worth watching.  They get away with it because of their fitness, but also because of the fear of the opposition who will rarely do what Flynn did and show bravery and conviction and tear into them.  Only Mayo and Kerry have done it in recent years at a team level.

People talk about Ciaran Kilkenny.  For the same reason people admire him, I find him to personify the entire Dublin approach.  Take no risks; solo on the spot and always give the 100% pass.  Boring, boring crap.

The media fawning over them for the last 10 years has been excruciating. They get too much respect from everyone; referees, other players, media, commenators, pundits!! These boring f**ckers have emasculated the rest of Leinster.  Mayo or Kerry urgently need to beat them.