China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on July 26, 2021, 06:55:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 26, 2021, 06:46:53 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 26, 2021, 05:52:41 PM
CDC in USA are now saying pcr tests are not able to distinguish between flu and covid .
Rahm the golfer is a weird case he has had covid has antibodies and is fully vaccinated but still tested positive for covid but is not sick and never was sick.
Strange people are not a little more curious about this

You'll not get flu in the summer generally, you can still get it and not be sick but pass it on, I've you more cleverer than that
so is he testing positive for the flu or covid ?
Most policies have been based on test results over the last year if the tests are compromised then the policies  have  to be too.

So let's get your thoughts first.

Is covid real or just flu?

Is flu seasonal or all year round?

With limited travel globally why has 'flu' become such a big spreader?

If it's flu then why not just use the same flu jab that has been used for years

Why are governments shooting themselves in the foot with restrictions and what do they get out of it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on July 26, 2021, 07:03:58 PM
CDC in USA are now saying pcr tests are not able to distinguish between flu and covid .
Rahm the golfer is a weird case he has had covid has antibodies and is fully vaccinated but still tested positive for covid but is not sick and never was sick.

I think you need to re-evaluate your news sources and stop relying on "journalists" who don't know their ass from elbow when it comes to this stuff.

The CDC is advising labs to switch to tests that can detect BOTH Covid and flu.

They're not advising them, late in the day, that the test couldn't distinguish them.

My guess is that such tests now exist, whereas this time last year they didn't.

After December 31, 2021, CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, the assay first introduced in February 2020 for detection of SARS-CoV-2 only. CDC is providing this advance notice for clinical laboratories to have adequate time to select and implement one of the many FDA-authorized alternatives.

In preparation for this change, CDC recommends clinical laboratories and testing sites that have been using the CDC 2019-nCoV RT-PCR assay select and begin their transition to another FDA-authorized COVID-19 test. CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses. Such assays can facilitate continued testing for both influenza and SARS-CoV-2 and can save both time and resources as we head into influenza season. Laboratories and testing sites should validate and verify their selected assay within their facility before beginning clinical testing.

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html

f**king right wingers think scientists and doctors are a bunch of vacuous morons who came down with the last shower and are no better than some blowhard on youtube or Fox News.
j70 the tests don't work properly what's the problem with that ? You guess ? Who are you to guess but tell me my opinion is thrash ? Give the Fox News a rest it's getting old and played .
Stay inside with your mask on and remove yourself from society please your an extremist.

Gmac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 26, 2021, 07:08:18 PM

You'll not get flu in the summer generally, you can still get it and not be sick but pass it on, I've you more cleverer than that
Most policies have been based on test results over the last year if the tests are compromised then the policies  have  to be too.

Why are governments shooting themselves in the foot with restrictions and what do they get out of it?
I don't know what he's testing positive for
I think you could get flu at any time no ?
I didn't know it had
Governments are already  ramping up for a big flu season.
Let's see hospital numbers in uk in next few weeks

J70

Quote from: Gmac on July 26, 2021, 07:14:17 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 26, 2021, 07:03:58 PM

I think you need to re-evaluate your news sources and stop relying on "journalists" who don't know their ass from elbow when it comes to this stuff.

The CDC is advising labs to switch to tests that can detect BOTH Covid and flu.

They're not advising them, late in the day, that the test couldn't distinguish them.

My guess is that such tests now exist, whereas this time last year they didn't.

After December 31, 2021, CDC will withdraw the request to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of the CDC 2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel, the assay first introduced in February 2020 for detection of SARS-CoV-2 only. CDC is providing this advance notice for clinical laboratories to have adequate time to select and implement one of the many FDA-authorized alternatives.

In preparation for this change, CDC recommends clinical laboratories and testing sites that have been using the CDC 2019-nCoV RT-PCR assay select and begin their transition to another FDA-authorized COVID-19 test. CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses. Such assays can facilitate continued testing for both influenza and SARS-CoV-2 and can save both time and resources as we head into influenza season. Laboratories and testing sites should validate and verify their selected assay within their facility before beginning clinical testing.

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html

f**king right wingers think scientists and doctors are a bunch of vacuous morons who came down with the last shower and are no better than some blowhard on youtube or Fox News.
j70 the tests don't work properly what's the problem with that ? You guess ? Who are you to guess but tell me my opinion is thrash ? Give the Fox News a rest it's getting old and played .
Stay inside with your mask on and remove yourself from society please your an extremist.

Where does it say the tests don't work properly?

They said they're removing the EUA for this particular test BECAUSE there are now other alternatives out there, including ones that can test for both Covid AND flu.

The only guess I made was to speculate that the tests that could detect both Covid AND flu weren't available last year, hence they weren't recommended. It was clearly stated as speculation (unlike YOUR definitive false claim), and anyway beside the point.

If you're tired of the Fox News stuff, why don't you reveal to us where you read or heard about the misrepresented version of the CDC's advisory to labs?

dec

Here is the link to the CDC notice

Visit the FDA website for a list of authorized COVID-19 diagnostic methods. For a summary of the performance of FDA-authorized molecular methods with an FDA reference panel, visit this page.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on July 26, 2021, 07:20:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 26, 2021, 07:08:18 PM

I don't know what he's testing positive for
I think you could get flu at any time no ?
I didn't know it had
Governments are already  ramping up for a big flu season.
Let's see hospital numbers in uk in next few weeks

I'm guessing if we continue to sanitise we won't have the big flu numbers, there are less flights also and less people traveling, that's how flu comes in from different countries.

Numbers dropping in the uk, and for a country opened up that's interesting, high percentage double jabbed and not getting sick

So you think flu is an all year thing and not seasonal? Interesting
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 25, 2021, 12:50:32 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 25, 2021, 12:40:11 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 25, 2021, 12:21:56 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 24, 2021, 09:45:48 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on July 24, 2021, 06:05:19 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 24, 2021, 11:26:34 AM
I'm saying that doctors aren't going to go against what the government/WHO says, as it could mean the end of their medical career. There were doctors who have been struck off for linking MMR jabs to autism.
They were struck off because there are NO links between MMR and Autism you idiot! Meaning that discouraginjg parents from getting their kids MMR vaccinated put the kids at unnecessary risk.

Next you'll be telling us that Harold Shipman was struck off unfairly too, for pursing a non-standard treatment regime with his patients.

Did I say there were?

You don't even have the courage of your convictions. Throw a vague line out, then when it's picked up on, backtrack like f**k. You can't make a coherent argument to support your position.

I think yourself (and others) need to read what is actually in a post,  before resorting to insults and name calling.

Nope, your post implied Doctors being struck of for linking MMR with autism shouldn't have been. Is that the case? If not then not sure why you'd bring it into the discussion. Happy for you to clarify.

No, I didn't imply that. You implied I said that. I brought it up as an example, whereby if medical people might have their own thoughts/concerns on certain vaccines/medication (or even alternative therapy not approved by the NHS), then they dare not say it publicly or to their patients. Going against the grain could mean being struck off.

I mean, we all know about charms. Would your doctor  advice you chuck your ointment in the bin and go see the local man with an apparent charm for psoriasis or whatever? I'd seriously doubt it. Many of us have used them though even if they're not exactly approved by medical experts. Now, I'd doubt a doctor would be sacked for advocating charms, but still, it's not exactly promoted by experts.

thebigfella

Quote from: BennyCake on July 27, 2021, 01:40:29 PM
I'm saying that doctors aren't going to go against what the government/WHO says, as it could mean the end of their medical career. There were doctors who have been struck off for linking MMR jabs to autism.
They were struck off because there are NO links between MMR and Autism you idiot! Meaning that discouraginjg parents from getting their kids MMR vaccinated put the kids at unnecessary risk.

Next you'll be telling us that Harold Shipman was struck off unfairly too, for pursing a non-standard treatment regime with his patients.

Did I say there were?

You don't even have the courage of your convictions. Throw a vague line out, then when it's picked up on, backtrack like f**k. You can't make a coherent argument to support your position.

I think yourself (and others) need to read what is actually in a post,  before resorting to insults and name calling.

Nope, your post implied Doctors being struck of for linking MMR with autism shouldn't have been. Is that the case? If not then not sure why you'd bring it into the discussion. Happy for you to clarify.

No, I didn't imply that. You implied I said that. I brought it up as an example, whereby if medical people might have their own thoughts/concerns on certain vaccines/medication (or even alternative therapy not approved by the NHS), then they dare not say it publicly or to their patients. Going against the grain could mean being struck off.

I mean, we all know about charms. Would your doctor  advice you chuck your ointment in the bin and go see the local man with an apparent charm for psoriasis or whatever? I'd seriously doubt it. Many of us have used them though even if they're not exactly approved by medical experts. Now, I'd doubt a doctor would be sacked for advocating charms, but still, it's not exactly promoted by experts.

Who has the charm for covid?

J70

Did I say there were?

How many doctors have been struck off? And in any of the examples where they have, why was it unwarranted?

Andrew Wakefield was struck off 12 years after his fraudulent and highly damaging MMR study.

trailer

Mods need to step in here. There is science and fact and then there is this nonsense of fake news. It isn't balance. It isn't free speech. There is no other side to hear.

Vaccines save lives. End of story.

Mods need to step in an stop this nonsense.

imtommygunn

Is your issue control Benny? You aren't very clear on your communication tbh. People are trying to second guess you because you aren't clear.

trueblue1234

Did I say there were?

If you went to a doctor and there was a scientifically proven treatment for your condition, and they ignored that and instead prescribed you go and rub the bark of a 800 year old oak tree then yes they should be struck off. Same with a doctor not supporting the vaccine program. I'm still really lost on what your point is? Are you trying to argue that there's doctors out there who might not support the vaccine and the proof of this, is that there is no proof as they don't want to be struck off?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on July 27, 2021, 02:08:47 PM
Mods need to step in here. There is science and fact and then there is this nonsense of fake news. It isn't balance. It isn't free speech. There is no other side to hear.

Vaccines save lives. End of story.

Mods need to step in an stop this nonsense.

If people are swayed by stuff put up on a GAA board by a load of eejits (I include myself in this) then this other pandemic of stupidity really is as big an issue.

BennyCake

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 27, 2021, 02:32:03 PM

Did I say there were?

If you went to a doctor and there was a scientifically proven treatment for your condition, and they ignored that and instead prescribed you go and rub the bark of a 800 year old oak tree then yes they should be struck off. Same with a doctor not supporting the vaccine program. I'm still really lost on what your point is? Are you trying to argue that there's doctors out there who might not support the vaccine and the proof of this, is that there is no proof as they don't want to be struck off?

I was merely answering your question. And who knows, maybe there are. Clots have been linked to the vaccine, so a patient at risk of clots may be at risk after taking the vaccine. Some doctors might have concerns for such patients in that situation.

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2021, 02:10:44 PM
Is your issue control Benny? You aren't very clear on your communication tbh. People are trying to second guess you because you aren't clear.

If you don't grasp my point, that's not my fault. But the last number of posts  I'm merely batting away absurd accusations thrown my way.