Throw In Times at Games

Started by marty34, March 02, 2019, 06:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Just looking at the various throw in times for games today.

Personally I like the 1pm throw in games
Finished up at 3ish, then on the road again.  I think they should all be at 1pm on aSunday as no minor matches before them.  Maybe it's just me but I like to be on the road early and get to the game.

On Saturdays, I understand people work etc. and 1pm (during summer) is early.

Even double headers, I like 1pm and 3pm.  There are tv rights also to take into consideration and if it's a one off game or double header etc.

What do others think re: time for games and the various factors?

Milltown Row2

Antrim playing Waterford today at 12.30! Fecking joke time. How is anyone from Antrim going to get to that match?

There are a lot of factors to take in, time it takes team to arrive and prepare for match, time to allow fans to arrive to watch the game and allow for light!

2pm throw ins are fine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 03, 2019, 12:54:06 AM
Antrim playing Waterford today at 12.30! Fecking joke time. How is anyone from Antrim going to get to that match?

There are a lot of factors to take in, time it takes team to arrive and prepare for match, time to allow fans to arrive to watch the game and allow for light!

2pm throw ins are fine

It was yesterday - 86 paying spectators
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

marty34

2pm throw ins are fine

Understandable with such a big journey between them 2 counties.  If that game was at 3pm, there would still have been less than 100 in attendence.

Derry were in Limerick yesterday for 1pm throwin.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 03, 2019, 09:01:16 AM

2pm throw ins are fine

It was yesterday - 86 paying spectators

I meant yesterday..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea