Kilkenny Vs Waterford

Started by thejuice, April 27, 2007, 02:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Good for the game I think for Waterford to win this one. They've been involved in many great games and maybe "deserve" an All-Ireland but in GAA you deserve what you get and you must go out there and seize it. They are capable. Roll on the summer.

Main Street

I don't know much about hurling but it was a great game to watch and Waterford deserved to edge it. Some rock hard feckers play that game. The ref I thought played it just right, he let the game flow especially in the last 20 minutes, in the face of no prisoner tough tackling and shall we say 'competitive' challenges. 

Silky

Well done Waterford. They took all Kilkeenny had to throw at them in the seond half then raised their game and went on to win it. At last they seem to have solved their goalkeeping problems. Clinton Hennessy had a great game.

GaillimhIarthair

Well done to Waterford, great to see them lads finally pick up a national title.  A lot of little breaks went their way yesterday but I don't think that they will be too far away come Sept.  They showed alot of bottle when Kilkenny rattled off 5 points in a row at the start of the second half and ran out deserving winneres. 

tayto

They've stopped leaking soft goals, which makes them a very useful oufit as they're well able to score and have been for years. Hope they can go on to lift Liam in Sept.

The Real Laoislad

One little gripe i have from yesterdays game,Why did the Kilkenny/Waterford teams come onto the pitch while the Laois captain was giving his speech?
It was like now the minnows are finished let the big guns get all the attention,surely they should have respected the fact that Laois had won and give them their moment?You could not hear the Laois captain over the sound of the fans shouting for their respective teams
You'll Never Walk Alone.

tayto

Fair comment Laoislad, although it's probably just down to bad organisation more then anything.

Laois looked good yesterday in what was a poor game, think yez have a chance against Limerick?

bottlethrower7

Laoislad, why is Zane Keenan not on the Laois panel?

Also, whats the story with James Young being listed as a Tinnahinch player? When did he move club? What were the circumstances of his move? Hes a fair player for any club to get. I'm surprised there wasn't more said about that.

Hard to judge Laois on that game. Wicklow were awful. Laois look to be in rebuilding mode, which is no harm. A couple of the forwards looked nippy, but their hurling was a little sloppy at times. On a drier day they might be decent enough.

The Real Laoislad

No i wouldn't think so too be honest,it's a huge step up in class
I do think though that it's unfair we have to play them at all,really Laois should be promoted as Div 2 champs i can't see why they have to play a play off
Once again the Gaa with all their talk about promoting hurling are siding with the big guns of hurling,instead of actually rewarding the likes of Laois with a automatic Div 1 spot
You'll Never Walk Alone.

tayto

i think it's for this year only, but i'd be unhappy in your shoes.

some unfair relegations in both codes if you ask me, very rough on some teams dropping from division one to division three inthe football for example.

tayto

what happens if offaly's motion for a ten team division one gets the go ahead? do the losers of the play off have to play off against offaly to see who is the 10th team or whats the craic?

lynchbhoy

Delighted for the Waterford blah boys

Think a lot of neutrals would be happy for them

Good hard tough game to watch with some fantastic skills on display

a great advert for the game I thought!

bottlethrower7

or if any of the other Laois contributors can answer any of my questions, that would be great too.

thanks.

SuperSub

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 30, 2007, 10:14:58 AM
One little gripe i have from yesterdays game,Why did the Kilkenny/Waterford teams come onto the pitch while the Laois captain was giving his speech?
It was like now the minnows are finished let the big guns get all the attention,surely they should have respected the fact that Laois had won and give them their moment?You could not hear the Laois captain over the sound of the fans shouting for their respective teams

Thought it was bad form myself too

imtommygunn

Am I behind the times or are there plans to make hurling division 1, 2, 3,4 like the football?

Until this is done the winners of division 2 always get a  raw deal as it's a massive massive jump.

The only way for them to improve is for those structures I'd say.