Teddy McCarthy not allowed in for Cork jubilee celebrations

Started by AZOffaly, September 21, 2015, 02:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

westbound

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2015, 02:08:24 PM
This is a pity. I'd say Teddy lost the rag a bit, but is there no-one there in Croke Park that could say 'Jaysus this is the only lad that won both medals, would ye let him in?'

CorporateGAA

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/they-were-treating-me-like-a-bowzy-in-a-nightclub-teddy-mccarthy-refused-entry-for-cork-jubilee-celebrations/40750?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Promoted+Post&utm_campaign=SportsJOE_Sep15

I thought it was strange why teddy mccarthy was represented by billy morgan. Usually, it'd be a family member if the person couldn't be there, for whatever reason. This obviously explains it.

A shame he wasn't on the pitch, but it sounds like Teddy might have been as much to blame as the security?

AZOffaly

In fairness it sounds like Teddy was getting thrown from pillar to post, and got fed up of it. Then a jobsworth security guy obviously pissed him off even more.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2015, 03:08:36 PM
In fairness it sounds like Teddy was getting thrown from pillar to post, and got fed up of it. Then a jobsworth security guy obviously pissed him off even more.

Teddy should have just appealed it.

MWWSI 2017

westbound

Obviously, I have no idea of the details of what happened.

But I'll put it like this, if it was me that was being honoured at some function for whatever reason, I'd make sure to go in!!

I wouldn't sit in my car and start driving home 3 hours before the event!

That's not to say the security personnel are blameless either.

AZOffaly

Where the f**k was Frank Murphy? He'd have had the whole day cancelled, and Sam Maguire awarded to Cork, and lifted by Teddy.

longballin

brokencrossbar1

AZOffaly

Apparently he did. It was around noon time, I doubt he had much soup taken if that's what you mean. He was there for the hurling 2 weeks ago after all.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2015, 02:08:24 PM
This is a pity. I'd say Teddy lost the rag a bit, but is there no-one there in Croke Park that could say 'Jaysus this is the only lad that won both medals, would ye let him in?'

CorporateGAA

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/they-were-treating-me-like-a-bowzy-in-a-nightclub-teddy-mccarthy-refused-entry-for-cork-jubilee-celebrations/40750?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Promoted+Post&utm_campaign=SportsJOE_Sep15

Considering the lad obviously got in two weeks prior with the hurlers there's a good chance he went to the same entrance and for some reason got turned back.

No wonder he was pissed off after getting the run around by lads in hi-viz jackets!

magpie seanie

I had the misfortune of entering Croker by the wrong entrance one time (despite checking with security) and I was sent from Billy to Jack until eventually I gave up and went back to the place I started. I was quite thick but eventually got to where I was supposed to get. Wasted about and hour though, good job I had gone in early.

5 Sams

Quote from: longballin on September 21, 2015, 03:32:32 PM
Clowns at security should know Teddy is...

Good chance some of the lads on security weren't Irish.....and if they were Irish then they'd be too young to know Teddy I'd say.
The Aristocrat Years

AZOffaly

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Bord na Mona man

Micheál Ó Muircheartaigh was looking on as it happened...

"Teddy looks at the bouncer, the bouncer looks at Teddy."