An Dun v Corcaigh, Saturday 23rd July

Started by redandblackareback, July 16, 2011, 09:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Thank god this is on the tv.................. couldn't face watching kildare again and mc stay practically ejaculating for the whole of the second half

ardtole

Quote from: NP 76 on July 17, 2011, 07:21:05 PM
Quote from: 45 on July 17, 2011, 06:59:45 PM
Where will it be played?
Heard Portlaois mentioned last night coming out of the game at 7 o clock live on tv3
Portlaoise would hardly be halfway between the 2 counties, it should be in Dublin

snoopdog

i would  say portlaiose. When was the last time croke park had a championship game throw in at 7. Must be some residents agreement .

NP 76

U 21 final between these 2 teams was in Portlaois . It wouldnt be that far off half way

Go home ref

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on July 17, 2011, 07:23:28 PM
Thank god this is on the tv.................. couldn't face watching kildare again and mc stay practically ejaculating for the whole of the second half

He's even worse when you lot are on the telly

PAULD123

Dublin played all their league games there this season as late Saturday evening games, so I guess it is feasibleto play it in Croke Park. I just wish they would put it on in the afternoon like qualifiers used to be so you still have a Saturday eveving to do something with.

The Worker

any word on when the venue will be annouced?

They should toss for it.

Orior

Are there any Cork posters on this board?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

snoopdog

Quote from: Orior on July 17, 2011, 11:29:06 PM

Id say Cork believe this game is already won and they wont bother with postings or even attending.
Sure its a poor Down team they will be facing :D
On another note will down have a new horrible yella jersey for saturday night or will they appear in an all black number

Mourne Rover

It would be great see the All Black strip we last sported against Cork in the league games of the 1980s, as the yellow jerseys don't quite look the part. However, the chances of O'Neill's producing an entirely new rig-out from scratch in less than a working week must be slim.

Paddy Wan Kenobi

I like the fact Down's second kit is yellow, because it's tradition that in a clash of colours you wear your province's colours - but most counties have ignored this in favour of merchandising opportunities. Only Down, Galway, Meath and Kerry seem to adhere to tradition in this respect.

Hardy

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Paddy Wan Kenobi on July 18, 2011, 11:17:32 AM
I like the fact Down's second kit is yellow, because it's tradition that in a clash of colours you wear your province's colours - but most counties have ignored this in favour of merchandising opportunities. Only Down, Galway, Meath and Kerry seem to adhere to tradition in this respect.

Kildare's second jersey is the provincial colours. Pretty sure Westmeath wear green too when they play Galway.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Chris agus Snoop

Quote from: snoopdog on July 18, 2011, 09:42:56 AM
Quote from: Orior on July 17, 2011, 11:29:06 PM

Id say Cork believe this game is already won and they wont bother with postings or even attending.
Sure its a poor Down team they will be facing :D
On another note will down have a new horrible yella jersey for saturday night or will they appear in an all black number

Hardly!

We only barely beat you in Sept. and this time we lack Sheehan, Colm O Neil, Nicky Murphy all played a big part
in that win. Still tho' Down seem a bit off last years form.
Cork defence will be rejigged after the Kerry game and I hope the midfielders and half forwards will actually track their men this time.

The examiner said it will be a double header in croker with the kildare game

Onlooker