Stephen Ireland - King of the Langers

Started by Kerry Mike, March 04, 2011, 09:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: rrhf on March 04, 2011, 02:40:06 PM
Just another run of the mill soccor player.  Is he any worse that Terry, Cole, Bellamy or any of them guys.  I wouldnt be surprised.  If you play a dick's sport, drive a dick's car, act like a dick and talk like a dick, 9 out of 10 times you're probably a bit of a dick.

What has this got to do with Rugby?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shamrock Shore

The lad needs to have a hurl put in his hand and sent into full foward against Kilkenny or Waterford.

Them boys would straighten him out in no time. He's a tosser but feck him. I don't care what he thinks.

deiseach

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 04, 2011, 03:01:51 PM
The lad needs to have a hurl put in his hand and sent into full foward against Kilkenny or Waterford.

If he took on Waterford's full back line he might come out ahead

bcarrier

Aston Villa's Stephen Ireland is an unusual fella. He has all those wacky cars, once considered putting a shark tank in his kitchen floor, and revealed himself to be kind of a hypocrite after getting dumped by Man City. Plus, there's that fake dead grandmother business he pulled with the Irish national team years ago. Clearly, this is a man who must have a wonderfully unusual home that you really want to see, even though you know it will probably be a shock to your senses. So come with us now as we explore (via photos from his VIP Magazine spread) the inner-sanctum of the man who just might have the worst taste in football.

Right off the bat, as you can see above, Ireland has a black felt pool table with his own last name on it. Of course he does. But on the scale of 1-madness, this actually ranks as one of the more reasonable parts of his house. Prepare to be amazed...

More here
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/A-photographic-tour-of-Stephen-Ireland-s-ridicul?urn=sow-270226

haranguerer

Quote from: J OGorman on March 04, 2011, 01:43:05 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 04, 2011, 01:14:56 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on March 04, 2011, 12:05:38 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 04, 2011, 11:12:10 AM
Fair f**ks to him. Better than everyone else who thinks this stuff but would never (prob cos they've more sense in fairness) say it.

Hes not likeable, but hes refreshing. Why should he play for Ireland or anyone else if he doesnt want to?

my hole. No one benefits from this, especially Stephen Ireland. Most folk have some built in common sense that stops us saying stuff that doesn't warrant saying

Whats your point? That everyone should only say stuff they benefit from??!

That noone should give their actual views, unless they conform to the norm? Quality world you're envisioning there. Work in PR, do you?

my point is that your initial point re Stephen Ireland mouthing off as 'refreshing' and 'fair f$%ks' was complete cak

I suppose theres no point in asking you to explain why? Let him say what he wants. I find it amusing. People are easily outraged.

J OGorman

Quote from: haranguerer on March 04, 2011, 04:22:15 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on March 04, 2011, 01:43:05 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 04, 2011, 01:14:56 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on March 04, 2011, 12:05:38 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on March 04, 2011, 11:12:10 AM
Fair f**ks to him. Better than everyone else who thinks this stuff but would never (prob cos they've more sense in fairness) say it.

Hes not likeable, but hes refreshing. Why should he play for Ireland or anyone else if he doesnt want to?

my hole. No one benefits from this, especially Stephen Ireland. Most folk have some built in common sense that stops us saying stuff that doesn't warrant saying

Whats your point? That everyone should only say stuff they benefit from??!

That noone should give their actual views, unless they conform to the norm? Quality world you're envisioning there. Work in PR, do you?

my point is that your initial point re Stephen Ireland mouthing off as 'refreshing' and 'fair f$%ks' was complete cak

I suppose theres no point in asking you to explain why? Let him say what he wants. I find it amusing. People are easily outraged.

well, since my last post. I got up from my chair and announced to everyone @ work that this place was
crap. Told my boss exactly what i thought of him. Told the girl beside me to go easy @ the vending
machine as it wasnt doing her fat hole any favours. The receptionist was then told her unbutton her
blouse a little more and let those puppies breathe. I also announced that I was the
best bloody employee this company has and that every hooer should remember that and show me the respect my talents deserve

Could not believe the reaction to my outburst. Arms around me by co-workers telling me how 'refreshing' my outburst was. 'Fair
fucks to you John' others said...on cloud 9 now, should do it more often

Bingo

Quote from: J OGorman on March 04, 2011, 04:30:52 PM
well, since my last post. I got up from my chair and announced to everyone @ work that this place was
crap. Told my boss exactly what i thought of him. Told the girl beside me to go easy @ the vending
machine as it wasnt doing her fat hole any favours. The receptionist was then told her unbutton her
blouse a little more and let those puppies breathe. I also announced that I was the
best bloody employee this company has and that every hooer should remember that and show me the respect my talents deserve

Could not believe the reaction to my outburst. Arms around me by co-workers telling me how 'refreshing' my outburst was. 'Fair
f**ks to you John' others said...on cloud 9 now, should do it more often

As good as a reply I've seen in a while  ;D

deiseach

I see the little weasel is resorting to the tried-and-tested defence of "I was misquoted".

Stephen Ireland claims he was misquoted in interview

• Ireland criticised Gérard Houllier and city of Birmingham
• 'I feel like I've been portrayed in the wrong way'

The 24-year-old midfielder, who joined Newcastle on loan in January, has released a statement claiming some of his comments in the French football magazine So Foot were taken out of context.

"I'm upset with what has been printed this morning because I feel like I've been portrayed in the wrong way," Ireland said. "I was misquoted and things have been blown way out of proportion. That is the reason why I feel like I needed to say something because the quotes are very unfair.

"What I said during the interview has been twisted to sound particularly blunt and a lot of what was written about my home town of Cork – which me and my family visit regularly – was just plain ridiculous.

"The comments regarding Birmingham were taken way out of context as I had only been at Villa a few months and didn't even live there, so I have no idea what Birmingham is like to live in. Everyone I have met from Birmingham have been nice – my girlfriend's father is from Birmingham, so why would I say that? It's just crazy.

"I can only apologise if anyone was offended, but the way the interview was written made me sound very harsh and I am not that kind of person."

Ireland is said to have described Birmingham as a "crap" city and said he would rather shoot himself than live in Cork. The interview also includes comments claiming Houllier wasted his time at Villa and that he had no interest in playing international football for the Republic of Ireland again despite several attempts by Giovanni Trapattoni to tempt him to return.

Ireland was poised to make his Newcastle debut in Saturday's game against Everton after recovering from a knee injury. But he suffered a setback on Thursday when he hurt his hip in training.

And he might be right, that he's been done by some shyster hack. But I don't see why he should be entitled to the benefit of the doubt

tyssam5

You'd think he could afford a full size pool table, that one looks like oe you'd get an 8 year old.

Minder

I am sure his granny is turning in her grave at those comments about Cork.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

deiseach

Quote from: Minder on March 04, 2011, 07:10:41 PM
I am sure his granny is turning in her graves at those comments about Cork.

Fixed that for you

magpie seanie

Sure if he was misquoted he can sue the bollix out of the journalist can't he?

No, don't think that will happen either.

I heard a bit of his retraction interview on Newstalk and he sounded a bit reasonable which is unlike him. Would say this was a case of shooting off at the mouth and then - "Oh Jesus, what have I done".

dillinger

The guy must have mental problems. Maybe he should change his name to England. No, better than that, change it to Stephen Northern Ireland and maybe he can play for us.  ;D

mylestheslasher

Quote from: dillinger on March 04, 2011, 09:55:02 PM
The guy must have mental problems. Maybe he should change his name to England. No, better than that, change it to Stephen Northern Ireland and maybe he can play for us.  ;D

You;s are welcome to him. I wouldn't give him an Ireland jersey if he came crawling on his knees looking for one.

Tony Baloney