All Ireland S.H.C. Final

Started by lilpaulie85, August 19, 2010, 12:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2010 All Ireland Champions?

Kilkenny
Tipp

orangeman

Mick Kavanagh and James Ryall have apparently announced their retirement.

Tony Browne is supposed to be going as well.

3 great defenders.

lilpaulie85

Browne was on the radio this morning and said he wouldn't even consider his future till December. as for the other two the kk board have stated that none of them wish to quit the inter county scene
Chase the dream not the competition.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: highorlow on September 07, 2010, 11:04:50 AM
QuoteNumerous times now I have heard Tipp players and others claim that the rest of the country were behind them and wanted to see Kilkenny beaten.

Jayz I wasn't.  I'd have loved to see Kilkenny achive the 5 in a row and I'm sure most neutral hurling people would have too.

Yes I kinda felt sorry for the Cats after the game. The way Tipp played on Sunday means they will be around for a few years. Hopefully this will be enough time for them to get over thier fist clenching / gesturing / roaring to the crowd every time they win a free; a new rule should be brought in reversing a free if a player does that; its not the WWF.

In fairness to Tipp, they're not the only ones at it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Looking at some of the tipp activity on youtewb I think Kilkenny will have no shortage of motivation for next year. Tipp haven't won back to back all-Irelands in over 40 years so I wouldn't be sure about them repeating the job next year. Galway will be out to beat them as well.

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on September 06, 2010, 10:50:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2010, 08:39:53 PM
I also heard your full of shite O'Neill.
Funny that because I heard a similar story to O'Neill. Apparently, yis were never going to have the numbers for the 7s and were pulled out. The football game was arranged after this. On 3 separate occasions your manager told this to the powers that be but they didn't bother pass it on. I also hear that your manager has resigned over this debacle.

I fear it is you who is telling the porkies this time, milltown. I don't understand why unless you have some agenda we don't know about.

Only spotting this now. It appears hardstation is on the button.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ormondeboy3

Looked at the All-Ireland on DVD properly at the weekend. Absolutely shocked and stunned at the the carry on of some of the Kilkenny players in the first 10 minutes or so. Several times upon driving out with the ball or where work-rate resulted in a free, they gave a little fist pump and clenched their teeth. There is no place for such emotion and focus in the game.

I believe some of our crowd showed similar emotion as the game developed. I know practically all of the team were on the cusp of their first All-Ireland win and redressing last years thievery..I mean disappointment, but come on.

As the fella said, the best time to kick a cat in the arse is when his tail is in the air. And who better than Tipp to kick.

Asal Mor

I've always thought it's great to see emotion on the sporting field. I'm surprised at the complaining about it on here. Sport is all about emotion. The extremes of joy and pain, the winner takes all scenario. Surely this is what seperates gripping, edge of the seat sport(All - Ireland finals, The Ryder Cup, State of Origin, Heineken Cup Finals etc.) from the mundane, mediocre stuff (snooker in the last 15 years,O byrne Cup matches, international soccer friendlies etc). As long as the emotion is genuine as it was in the All-Ireland final I think it's brilliant to see. If it's contrived ( WWF, a greedy soccer player kissing a crest, Sky Sports coverage of a mid-table clash between Birmingham and Stoke) then it's annoying bullsh!t.

Apologies for my excessive us of parentheses (brackets) in this post.

Hardy

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 20, 2010, 11:00:59 AM
I've always thought it's great to see emotion on the sporting field. I'm surprised at the complaining about it on here. Sport is all about emotion. The extremes of joy and pain, the winner takes all scenario. Surely this is what seperates gripping, edge of the seat sport(All - Ireland finals, The Ryder Cup, State of Origin, Heineken Cup Finals etc.) from the mundane, mediocre stuff (snooker in the last 15 years,O byrne Cup matches, international soccer friendlies etc). As long as the emotion is genuine as it was in the All-Ireland final I think it's brilliant to see. If it's contrived ( WWF, a greedy soccer player kissing a crest, Sky Sports coverage of a mid-table clash between Birmingham and Stoke) then it's annoying bullsh!t.

:D

Farrandeelin

Are parentheses not {} and brackets not ()
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ormondeboy3

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 20, 2010, 11:00:59 AM

No problem with the brackets/parentheses/whatever they are. You are however showing scant regard for the "O byrne Cup".

No jokes please.