Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

thejuice

I read on hoganstand that Darren Graham had a place on the Fermanagh squad,
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

FermPundit

Quote from: thejuice on February 02, 2008, 09:57:57 PM
I read on hoganstand that Darren Graham had a place on the Fermanagh squad,

Darren Graham is on the Fermanagh senior hurling panel and has been for the past number of seasons.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

FermGael

draw for the championship apparently
2008 FERMANAGH SENIOR & INTERMEDIATE
FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIP
PRELIMINARY ROUND:

NEWTOWNBUTLER v. ENNISKILLEN
ST PATRICKS v. TEEMORE
DEVENISH v. TEMPO
KINAWLEY v. DERRYGONNELLY

ROUND 1:

NEWTOWNBULTER/ENNISKILLEN v. ST PATRICKS/TEEMORE
LISNASKEA v. BELCOO
DEVENISH/TEMPO v. ROSLEA
KINAWLEY/DERRYGONNELLY v. IRVINESTOWN

INTERMEDIATE CHAMPIONSHIP:

PRELIMINARY ROUND
EDERNEY v. BROOKEBORO
WINNERS OF ABOVE WILL PLAY AUGHADRUMSEE in SEMI-FINAL
IN THE 2nd SEMI-FINAL ERNE GAELS v. DERRYLIN

Seem that Dom will have his hands full.  Playing Newtown in the PRELIMINARY ROUND and then the winners of St Pat's and Teemore.
It soes not get any tougher than that
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ExiledGael

Tough for Dom indeed. Very lob-sided draw to be honest. You would have to rank Newtown, Teemore, Belcoo and Enniskillen in the top four/five in the county and they all meet in one half of the draw. Wide open for a dark horse, teams like Roslea, or Tempo even if they can build on their promise, will fancy their chances.

FermPundit

Very difficult draw for the Gaels but it'll be a great challenge for Dom especiailly in his first year in charge. The majority of the senior clubs are of a similar standard in Division one and everyone could beat everyone else. I suppose given the draw a lot of pressure might be taken off the Gaels with no one expecting them to beat Newtown in the first round. The main problem with Enniskillen in the past has been their care free approach to the league. If they take the league seriously and start to build up a winning mentality then I reckon they could be dark horses for the championship. Exiled. did you say that Ryan Carson has moved to England?

Looking at the intermediate draw, the two strongest sides Brookeboro and St. Josephs are paired together. It's a hard one to call given that the season hasn't started yet but going on previous form I'd expect Boro to win this one.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

ExiledGael

He accepted a job over there a few months back and the last I heard he would be home maybe once a month at best. Wouldn't be surprised if he lined out for the Championship but he certainly won't be the force he was given he won't be training for months on end. Huge loss to Newtown.

Tempoman

Anybody hear how the fermanagh hurlers done today? Even better, does anyone have a report??

ExiledGael

They beat Monaghan by five points. Good result but never heard anthing more.
Seen a brief mention somewhere of a Kevin McGarry scoring for Down today, though they drew with Carlow.
Is that our very own?

OakLeaf

I've added a new Live Scores feature to GAA Radio. If you're at any Fermanagh club games it'd be good if you could text score updates to 447624804328. This service is free for everyone to view at http://www.gaaradio.com/scores/liveScores.jsp . Thanks.

FermGael

Taken from http://www.hoganstand.com/fermanagh/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=89808
QuoteFermanagh footballers get new dates
20 February 2008

Unlike Cork, the weather-jinxed footballers of Fermanagh have been given new dates for their two postponed NFL matches.

Amazingly, both Erne County Division Three games to date have been foiled by the weather - one by rain, the other by fog.

The home match against Limerick has been re-fixed for Saturday March 22 at Lisnaskea. And the away clash with neighbours Leitrim, which was supposed to be Fermanagh's opener, goes ahead in Carrick-on-Shannon on March 9.

What should have been Fermanagh's third-round outing - away to Longford - will now serve as their opener on March 2. Weather permitting, of course... Pessimists in the midlands are bracing themselves for a downpour of frogs...

FermGael

Very quiet this last while here lads.
Any news from the senior set up??
Clucker and Brewster any closer to full fitness??

ExiledGael

Haven't heard anything in a while alright. They should both be ready for the Longford game though, judging by the reports last week.
Did anyone see the scandal of the 'Fermanagh GAA star' in today's Sunday Life? Front page for Christ's sake.

inisceithleann

Quote from: ExiledGael on February 24, 2008, 05:30:44 PM
Haven't heard anything in a while alright. They should both be ready for the Longford game though, judging by the reports last week.
Did anyone see the scandal of the 'Fermanagh GAA star' in today's Sunday Life? Front page for Christ's sake.

I'm only after reading it there ExiledGael. Hardly a very newsworthy story. It's been quiet on here alright, but it hasn't been helped with our first two games being postponed. Hope Clucker and Tom  Brew are fit for the Longford game. Fermanagh are a better team with both players, especially McCluskey who should start at centre half back if O'Rourke has any sense.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

full back

Havent seen anything on the board about the Graham video on the board.
He isnt a happy camper :D

ExiledGael

The 'after the darren Graham affair is settled' thread did spring up yesterday. He's some boy.