GaaGo

Started by gortnaleck, February 26, 2022, 08:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

FWIW Benny I'd no gripes with Sky. When combined with its prevalence in the pub industry, and the Now TV day passes, it pretty much covered off the "90 year old rural dweller" argument that people love to trot out.

And I'd argue all day that GAAGO got its technical roadmap inside out. Its focus in year one should have been on developing Apps for Android, Firestick, Samsung and LG so that the vast majority of consumers could plug and play on their TV. Instead they spent their time and efforts in contorting the registration process, and ensuring single sign on. Hence, nobody happens across GAAGO by accident and nobody ever will.

But at the same time. The only plausible solution for showing every game of regional interest, and some games of localised interest, is a streaming service.  And I'd much prefer this service was controlled by the GAA (which likes making a profit where it can) than a third party organisation (which has to make a profit).

LeoMc

Quote from: Eire90 on December 05, 2023, 12:36:35 PMdodgy boxes gives more exposure to your sport a lot of people just wouldnt bother watching at all if had to pay.

To what benefit?

SCFC

I've not had Sky in 20 years now.
No interest in most of its output or monthly bills.
So paying €70ish for GAAGo is fine by me.

WeeDonns

€69 for a full season pass seems like alright value
My first few experiences of GAAGo were that I had to play it on my phone & cast to the TV - something that was beyond the reach of elderly relatives
I only discovered late last season that there was a native app on the Roku stick (used for streaming Mass) this makes it much easier to use

The introduction of a midweek show makes it more attractive, depending on quality - assume this won't be available to people who just buy a few games?
The likes of a "Breaking Ball" style show which used to be on RTÉ years ago, plus a mid week Sunday game catchup type show would be good
Can you watch back games on it, or live only?

imtommygunn

Oh I did not know it was available on a roku stick...

Yeah last year you could watch back any games on it.

Derryman forever

Are the preseason games on GAAGO?

Is it available to purchase for the 2024 season yet?

imtommygunn

It's advertising it then when I click the link it says I have already paid which I haven't.

tyrone86

Quote from: Derryman forever on December 16, 2023, 12:28:28 PMAre the preseason games on GAAGO?

Is it available to purchase for the 2024 season yet?
Ulster did their own pass for McKenna Cup last year.

SaffronSports

I think Clubber had a lot of the Leinster competitions.

intheknowhow

Quote from: WeeDonns on December 06, 2023, 11:03:17 AM€69 for a full season pass seems like alright value
My first few experiences of GAAGo were that I had to play it on my phone & cast to the TV - something that was beyond the reach of elderly relatives
I only discovered late last season that there was a native app on the Roku stick (used for streaming Mass) this makes it much easier to use

The introduction of a midweek show makes it more attractive, depending on quality - assume this won't be available to people who just buy a few games?
The likes of a "Breaking Ball" style show which used to be on RTÉ years ago, plus a mid week Sunday game catchup type show would be good
Can you watch back games on it, or live only?

All games you can watch back. As someone who loves abroad it's top class. Too much moaning back home. People want everything for free and want their county on rte...

onefineday

Quote from: LeoMc on December 05, 2023, 08:26:34 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on December 05, 2023, 12:36:35 PMdodgy boxes gives more exposure to your sport a lot of people just wouldnt bother watching at all if had to pay.

To what benefit?

The GAA states its purpose to be:

Our purpose is to promote Gaelic games, culture and lifelong participation as a community-based, volunteer-led organisation which enriches lives and communities.

One might say that free access to games is fundamental in promoting the organisation as a whole.

In saying that, in the circumstances where our split season means that maximising promotion of games is no longer possible and packages of games don't hold the same appeal to traditional broadcasters, can we at least concentrate on providing a decent medium to allow these to be watched on a TV without major hoops to be navigated?

timmyot501

Tried to renew so I could get the early bird price. Says I have already paid,  which I didn't do. But looking at t&c it looks like it might auto renew at the full price. Not much of a loyalty incentive there. I may be interpreting this wrong but time will tell

imtommygunn

inroundthesquare

There is an option to cancel Auto-Renew in the 'Manage Subscriptions' page.

Mine is showing Early Bird Pass for 2024, assuming as I had it last year.

Saffrongael

I have the "annual flex pass GB" (I'm in the 6 counties" but none of the archive stuff seems to be available, or documentaries. Seems to be an add on ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come