National league final day. Tyrone v Cavan

Started by rrhf, April 03, 2016, 09:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Fair play Cavan.  Some great scores in today's game.  Look to be a team that would suit Croke Park.  Should be a mighty final.  I'm sure seanie Johnston never envisaged getting to play at headquarters again so what a huge achievement for him personally as well. Shows when a county pulls together what can be achieved. Tyrones performances have been poor the last 2 weeks.  Fantastic to carry the flag for  the north on the anniversary of the rising. 

never kickt a ball

That National League final in Clones in 2002 where 25159 attended. Things were about to kick off for Tyrone over the next few years. Cavan were all over Tyrone in the first half if my memory serves me right.

BennyHarp

I was never too bothered about the Div 2 final but after the last two performances it would be nice to get a big performance in this one heading into the championship.
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Quote from: never kickt a ball on April 03, 2016, 10:14:47 PM
That National League final in Clones in 2002 where 25159 attended. Things were about to kick off for Tyrone over the next few years. Cavan were all over Tyrone in the first half if my memory serves me right.

Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6utbkUdTXU
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ONeill on April 03, 2016, 11:34:39 PM

Nope.

Couldn't be further from the truth then......................... :o

ONeill

Quote from: never kickt a ball on April 03, 2016, 11:42:49 PM
Quote from: ONeill on April 03, 2016, 11:34:39 PM

Nope.

Couldn't be further from the truth then......................... :o

The mind plays tricks. I couldn't recall who Tyrone hammered in the 03 final. Turns out it was some place called Laois.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Throw ball

This will be no Tyrone walkover. Cavan have a mighty big, physical team of very good footballers. Should be a close one.

Fuzzman

Yeah at the start of the year most people had Derry or Galway as the 2nd team in the final along with Tyrone but few outside Cavan considered them. It was a very tough game against them in the first day of the league in a very wet Omagh so as we saw on RTE last night they are delighted to have made such progress and join the big boys in Div 1
I'd say it's a long long time since Donegal, Monaghan and Cavan were all in Div 1 at the same time.
Obviously their success at U21 level is paying dividends now and who would have thought they'd be the top scorers of the league. What's this Joe Brolly called them a few years back?

ziggysego

I've been saying for years it was only a matter of time before Cavan would make it on the Senior scenes. With the work Peter Donnelly has gone at underage level during his tenure, this could be the start of Cavan.

Tyrone 3+ pts.
Testing Accessibility

Fuzzman

Anyone want to name the players and explain what exactly they are doing?
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/12961221_628234823997364_8465741808677289781_o.jpg
The picture was too large to post directly. Can you resize pics in here?

Blue in hope

Ciaran Brady and Killian Clarke celebrating after the final whistle yesterday.

Canalman

Big celebration on that night in CP to mark the centenary (actual date) of the 1916 rising. Should be a very big crowd there especially if (it is a big if )  it is a Dublin / Kerry final . Roscommon and Donegal may throw spanner in works.

Westside

This is bonus territory for Cavan now, they can give Tyrone a rattle and see what happens on the night but in reality, Tyrone are a top 4 team despite being in Division 2 this year. Cavan are in or around the top 8. Galway pushed us all the way yesterday even though we were completely dominating them. The win covers up the huge amounts of wides we kicked and mistakes we made to invite Galway on to us. Hopefully we can put in a performance, never mind the result.

Despite this being our 4th appearance in Croker since 2013 I think it will be a first time experience for Galligan, Faulkner, Ciaran Brady, Conor Moynagh and Liam Buchanan.

Fuzzman

Fair play to yis welcoming Seanie Johnston back and him playing so well for you.
What age is he now?

Yeah big 1916 celebrations planned for Croker that day.

Old yeller

I don't get the obsession with Johnston, hes not the only player we have ffs. "Huge achievement for him personally", is it a bigger achievement for him than anybody else on the team? It was a team effort