Bring them Back

Started by rrhf, July 25, 2015, 08:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Without knowing their individual circumstances, Football could do with some nostalgic managers from the past.  Its great to see the way Pete Mc Grath has turned Fermanagh around.  It would be great to see him also have another stint with Down sometime.  Id love to see Boylan have a go at Meath again, Kernan involved with Armagh, Morgan with Cork, Johnno with Galway and perhaps John Maughan take on Roscommon... ;)  Who else is capable of bringing traditional values back to their old counties and what realistic chance is there of that happening?

Shrewdness

rrhf, there's no chance of Maughan returning. Even these days, if his name is mentioned, dogs throughout Roscommon have been known to start barking simultaneously!!

Farrandeelin

Seen as Johnno is running in Galway West- South Mayo constituency, he effectively is back in Galway again...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 25, 2015, 08:57:28 AM
rrhf, there's no chance of Maughan returning. Even these days, if his name is mentioned, dogs throughout Roscommon have been known to start barking simultaneously!!

The fact that even Maughan couldn t turn Roscommon around was a bad sign of things to come.

Rossfan

My rash has broken out again with the mention of the Tanman. :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

twohands!!!

I would say McGrath probably is the best odds and might have a shot in Down again - age is probably against him a bit though.

I think Morgan is the worst bet and think the only way he would be allowed back, if someone went on a killing spree during a Cork County Board meeting.

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on July 25, 2015, 03:33:43 PM
My rash has broken out again with the mention of the Tanman. :-[

I suppose he was easy to turn into a scapegoat because he wasn t one of your own?

Shrewdness

Moysider, Des Newton was one of our own and only lasted a year.

Hardy

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 25, 2015, 03:42:10 PM
I would say McGrath probably is the best odds and might have a shot in Down again - age is probably against him a bit though.

I think Morgan is the worst bet and think the only way he would be allowed back, if someone went on a killing spree during a Cork County Board meeting.

This could happen at any given meeting.

moysider

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 25, 2015, 04:04:37 PM

Didn t get the abuse Maughan did.
Likes of McStay or Horan would be nuts to go near it as well.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Hardy on July 25, 2015, 04:23:44 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on July 25, 2015, 03:42:10 PM

This could happen at any given meeting.

Nah I reckon the odds at a Cork County Board meeting are much higher that a lot of other county board meetings (at most other county board meetings you have the bitching in the pub after but I reckon Frank doesn't even allow that, so the pressure has probably built up something fierce in some of those club delegates - after years and years of being kept quiet by Frank and friends, one of these surely has to be short odds to snap and goes loolally.

At a guess I'd say it will be the one where they announce how many million they actually end up paying for the new Stadium.

Hardy

Sorry - that's what I meant - it could happen at any give Cork CB meeting.

Rossfan

Quote from: moysider on July 25, 2015, 04:29:58 PM

Still peddling the "Maughtan abuse" fiction I see.
That tale was well debunked by the Friday after he departed. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Maughan picked a fight with the populace. I doubt many managers would be as silly.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on July 25, 2015, 05:50:16 PM

Maughan picked a fight with the populace. I doubt many managers would be as silly.

He refused to be bullied and abused. There's a difference.