Any sign of the Northern lights where you're at ?

Started by orangeman, January 09, 2014, 10:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Wise up. The Northern Lights do not exist. Insiders in NASA and places like that know it's a ruse to boost tourism in the very northern hemisphere at this time of the year. All those photos are photo-shopped and the naked eye visuals are simply projections.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on January 11, 2014, 11:34:42 AM
Wise up. The Northern Lights do not exist. Insiders in NASA and places like that know it's a ruse to boost tourism in the very northern hemisphere at this time of the year. All those photos are photo-shopped and the naked eye visuals are simply projections.

Good enough idea.

Bit like the various apparitions. It did Knock no harm.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on January 11, 2014, 11:34:42 AM

They are now called the Ireland's Call Lights.
MWWSI 2017

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

theskull1

Is that not the luminere lights?   ;)

A critique .....A wee bit over cooked for my taste
Cool all the same
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Boycey

Looks like we might get another chance to see the northern lights tonight.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/huge-solar-eruption-could-see-aurora-over-irish-skies-641734.html

QuoteA huge solar flare eruption could lead to the dazzling display of the aurora borealis - the northern lights - over Ireland this weekend.

A pair of solar storm clouds are heading for Earth following powerful explosions from a sunspot.

The aurora could be visible over Ireland when they arrive at earth and strike our magnetic field, some time over the next few days.

David Moore of Astronomy Ireland said that while predicting the aurora is difficult, the best time to look to the skies would likely be Friday and Saturday night.

"The sun is belching a lot - spitting out a huge amount," he said. "This explosion looks huge - and more impressive."

Our sun operates on 11-year cycles of activity, which means it's now in the same peak as it was in 2003, when the aurora was visible directly overhead as far south as Cork.

johnneycool

Quote from: Boycey on September 12, 2014, 11:49:22 AM
Looks like we might get another chance to see the northern lights tonight.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/huge-solar-eruption-could-see-aurora-over-irish-skies-641734.html

QuoteA huge solar flare eruption could lead to the dazzling display of the aurora borealis - the northern lights - over Ireland this weekend.

A pair of solar storm clouds are heading for Earth following powerful explosions from a sunspot.

The aurora could be visible over Ireland when they arrive at earth and strike our magnetic field, some time over the next few days.

David Moore of Astronomy Ireland said that while predicting the aurora is difficult, the best time to look to the skies would likely be Friday and Saturday night.

"The sun is belching a lot - spitting out a huge amount," he said. "This explosion looks huge - and more impressive."

Our sun operates on 11-year cycles of activity, which means it's now in the same peak as it was in 2003, when the aurora was visible directly overhead as far south as Cork.

That'll be the heavens splitting when Big Ian enters and creates his own Free Heaven.

FermGael

Unbelievable display of northern lights tonight. 
Best i have seen and seems to be widely viewable in the northern half of the country.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Wildweasel74

Was wondering what was wrong with the sky the night, eerie green haze behind the clouds, impressive alright

50fiftyball

Visible in the Sperrins last night alright, from Greencastle direction Tyrone