Tyrone club football

Started by Jinxy, November 13, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: clarshack on November 25, 2011, 01:32:29 PM
what was urney's pitch closed for a few years ago? was it because an urney supporter jumped the wire and struck the strabane secretary?

in our ruckus with ballymacnab in 2006, both clubs were fined over £1600 (by the ulster council).
it was closed after a row with augher in a league game and both clubs had severe suspensions handed out to players
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

LeoMc

Quote from: Man Marker on November 25, 2011, 01:38:10 PM
I have come to the conclusion that the Ulster council should be dealing with all CCC matters on discipline after this embarrassment. Its the only way you can ensure some form of impartiality.

But then where would you appeal to get them reduced?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: LeoMc on November 25, 2011, 01:40:17 PM
I have come to the conclusion that the Ulster council should be dealing with all CCC matters on discipline after this embarrassment. Its the only way you can ensure some form of impartiality.

if the majority of fines/bans/suspensions handed out were fair and consistant in the first place, then there wouldnt be as many appeals
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

LeoMc

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 25, 2011, 01:41:54 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on November 25, 2011, 01:40:17 PM

if the majority of fines/bans/suspensions handed out were fair and consistant in the first place, then there wouldnt be as many appeals
Maybe, but there is a culture of appealing anyway.

sheamy

It's all fun and cute hoorism until someone gets killed in an incident like this. Only takes one punch to land on the wrong part of a man's head. No true GAA person likes to see sanctions imposed on clubs but media spin adding up all the total weeks suspensions of players and whitewash isn't gonna deter anyone. I'm not sure who we're trying to convince here. I don't know what the solution is though.

The Golden Years

Just heard the names of the four supports from carrickmore who got suspended and two of them werent even at the game. In matter of fact, they havent been at a carrickmore game in quite a while as they both live in different countries. 1 new york, 1 sydney.   ;) cheers fellas

Wee Roddy

What are you on about? More ammunicition for some clowns on here. I can assure you all 4 were at the game. A lot of people on the wind up but surely not one of our own

Norf Tyrone

If I was a Carrickmore man I'd be asking why does so many of its 'supporters' never pay membership. IIRC one of the transgressors from the ladies final wasn't a member either!

Personally- I think the outcome is incredibley light, but I am not sure if the CCCC have powers for tougher sanctions. Unless it's a Div 3 reserve game where-by you can get fined £2000 for two boys pushing each other (And that's a fact).
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Trap

So how is Division 1 going to work next year? Once Carrickmore and Dromore get to 12/14 points whats the point in them winning any more. The clubs that play them in the second half of the league will have a massive advantage over those that play them at the start, affecting both the top and bottom of the league! The whole thing will be a farce IMO.
People will say they are proud clubs, that they will be preparing for championship and so on, but we have seen so many clubs accused of "giving" points in the past and i predict a total farce at the end of next year.
And wait to you see when the clubs of those people who make up the fixtures will be playing Dromore and Carrickmore.........wont be in the first half of league anyway :).......
Just get rid of top 4 anyway and then this incident would not have happened!

Nally Stand

Carrickmore victimhood?  :D The fact that Dromore haven't got any suspensions and that they are seemingly immune from serious criticism over it all, means that it is only Carrickmore supporters who are having to deal with the fallout.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

twenty one yard free

£300 of a fine
u have to look at the bigger fine of giving their gate next year to the charity (garvaghey) which will probably amount till about £2000-£2500

EC Unique

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 25, 2011, 11:49:40 PM
Carrickmore victimhood?  :D The fact that Dromore haven't got any suspensions and that they are seemingly immune from serious criticism over it all, means that it is only Carrickmore supporters who are having to deal with the fallout.

Agree with you on that Nally, can't understand how there are no Dromore player suspensions? I was at the game and seen Dromore players swinging. I have not seen the video though.

LeoMc

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 25, 2011, 09:42:25 AM
League games between the two at a neutral venue! Is this to avoid trouble? Might I suggest Dunmoyle?
Might I suggest Dale Farm?
;) :)

Agent Orange

Quote from: LeoMc on November 26, 2011, 06:13:17 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 25, 2011, 09:42:25 AM
League games between the two at a neutral venue! Is this to avoid trouble? Might I suggest Dunmoyle?
Might I suggest Dale Farm?
;) :)

A terrible insult to the people of Dale Farm.

skeog

agent orange seen a few armagh hotheads attack ref in omagh tonight i suppose because it didnt go their way ref had a good game in my opinion