Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

I hear Coaisland are blaming the 3rds for the poor run. Can't get anyone out on a Sunday morning for training with all the drinking

Dire Ear

Quote from: viperhiggins on July 24, 2021, 09:10:15 AM
Tyrone ACL G1 Results 23/07/21

Trillick 1-13 Omagh 1-11
Carrickmore 1-16 Pomeroy 0-14
Errigal 4-18 Galbally 0-10
Eglish 1-9 Dromore 0-11
Loughmacrory 0-10 Coalisland 0-6
Derrylaughan 0-8 Killyclogher 0-9
Moy 0-8 Clonoe 0-8
Edendork 0-9 Dungannon 0-16
Ardboe v Donaghmore (OFF)
Big results for Eglish and the Lough;  lesser extent Moy?

viperhiggins

Quote from: Dire Ear on July 24, 2021, 11:06:46 AM
Quote from: viperhiggins on July 24, 2021, 09:10:15 AM
Tyrone ACL G1 Results 23/07/21

Trillick 1-13 Omagh 1-11
Carrickmore 1-16 Pomeroy 0-14
Errigal 4-18 Galbally 0-10
Eglish 1-9 Dromore 0-11
Loughmacrory 0-10 Coalisland 0-6
Derrylaughan 0-8 Killyclogher 0-9
Moy 0-8 Clonoe 0-8
Edendork 0-9 Dungannon 0-16
Ardboe v Donaghmore (OFF)
Big results for Eglish and the Lough;  lesser extent Moy?

Both Loughmacrory and the Moy sitting on 5 wins and a draw out of 7 this year. Savage start from the Moy especially when taking into consideration the absence of Michael Conroy - a man who scored 0-13 out of their 0-15 vs DKB in the championship last year and missed a tough free at the end to send the game to extra-time.

Don't have much intel on loughmacrory but seem to be a hard nut to crack this year. In terms of Eglish, they have 3 wins currently which is a good start but I'd imagine they will need 2/3 more to stay up.

Take_her_back_ref

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on July 24, 2021, 09:09:40 AM
They're a championship side- playing without their best 2 players currently aswell

Most teams are playing without their best players as present. Coalisland are no different in that respect. They may have a few injuries but no team with aims to win the championship dismiss the league. Any team that's won the championship in the last 20 years have done off the back of a decent league campaign.

Under Lights

When Coalisland win the championship but end bottom four in league what happens?

Moonshine

They're a championship side- playing without their best 2 players currently aswell

Alot of teams without county men that's a feeble excuse. Was there an attempted attack on ref aswell?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Moonshine on July 24, 2021, 01:35:24 PM

Alot of teams without county men that's a feeble excuse. Was there an attempted attack on ref aswell?

No... who spreads such d@@g

The_Slug

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 24, 2021, 05:31:58 PM
Quote from: redzone on July 24, 2021, 10:36:14 AMI hear Coaisland are blaming the 3rds for the poor run. Can't get anyone out on a Sunday morning for training with all the drinking

Sounds feeble. Any club entering a thirds team has to list 40 players that are ineligible to play for their clubs' thirds & thirds reserve teams (see No. 38 in the link to the CCC Regs below), with the intention that these players are playing for the first and/or first reserve teams. And it's not as if the Coalisland III team are setting the Division 3 league on fire ATM.

Quote from: Under Lights on July 24, 2021, 12:25:39 PM
When Coalisland win the championship but end bottom four in league what happens?

2021 Tyrone CCC Regulations...

https://tyronegaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/2021TyroneCCCRegulations.pdf

Quote22. In Division 1 the four bottom placed teams (excluding the Senior Championship winners), will be relegated to Division 2 in 2022.

This is the case, however, i believe that teams will usually name club members who are long past their playing days and would never be participating in any games anyway, this is the same for section 9 of the document.

The rules may have been changed to be more strict on this though, im not 100% sure.

viperhiggins

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 24, 2021, 08:36:27 PM
Quote from: The_Slug on July 24, 2021, 08:21:20 PM
This is the case, however, i believe that teams will usually name club members who are long past their playing days and would never be participating in any games anyway, this is the same for section 9 of the document.

The rules may have been changed to be more strict on this though, im not 100% sure.

That trick has been done by pretty much ever club when submitting players that can't play in reserve games for decades now, though I think it's less common these days as at times in recent years the County CCC have come back to a few clubs asking them to justify some names that haven't been on team sheets the previous season.

The question is, I guess, is there anyone playing for Coalisland III's that only a couple of seasons ago (or even last year) were in the starting 15 for their senior team, our were at least semi-regular substitutes?

Kezzy Corr was starting for their seniors throughout the league the year they won the championship

kickitin

anyone here who thinks the reason Coalisland are performing so poorly because of their thirds time - hasn't the slightest clue about Gaelic football

i've seen them twice this year. vs Omagh and vs loughmacrory

in their overall squad from previous league seasons, they have 90% of their squad available at all times, jason Carberry and Eoghan Hampsey the only 2 noteable players i didn't see in either game. the problem either lies with the management having no system or the players who simply aren't putting in the required effort. they won't be relegated. once Paudi comes back for the last 9 league games, he will soon lift the thing

viperhiggins

Quote from: kickitin on July 26, 2021, 11:49:15 AM
anyone here who thinks the reason Coalisland are performing so poorly because of their thirds time - hasn't the slightest clue about Gaelic football

i've seen them twice this year. vs Omagh and vs loughmacrory

in their overall squad from previous league seasons, they have 90% of their squad available at all times, jason Carberry and Eoghan Hampsey the only 2 noteable players i didn't see in either game. the problem either lies with the management having no system or the players who simply aren't putting in the required effort. they won't be relegated. once Paudi comes back for the last 9 league games, he will soon lift the thing

Coailsland are not safe yet. Don't have an easy schedule ahead. Their next 3 games are versus Dromore, Moy and Clonoe. Won't be easy for mcguckin maybe they could up his wage for the next few weeks.

Still think Coalisland will stay up but this year won't be easy for them.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Localexpert very quiet the past while.  Mc £uckin doing a fine job with the huns.

Under Lights

Quote from: Delegater on July 26, 2021, 12:44:31 PM
Video doing the rounds of a cowardly blindside assault in the local derby in division 1.  >:(

Been reported to police.

viperhiggins

Quote from: Under Lights on July 26, 2021, 01:03:39 PM
Video doing the rounds of a cowardly blindside assault in the local derby in division 1.  >:(

Been reported to police.

Does it warrant involvement from the RUC?

Snapchap

Can you tell any more or do you just like being mysterious? ???