Wicklow 14/1

Round 1 fixtures

Saturday 29th
Limerick v Longford
Fermanagh v Antrim

Sunday 30th
Louth v Laois
Westmeath v Wicklow
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Shamrock Shore

I reckon that there will be plenty and thrills and spills here.

I think for the drop will be Limerick and Antrim
For the promotion spot def Westmeath and I would pump for Fermanagh.

I think we'll remain in mid-table obscurity.

imtommygunn

(Antrim person) I really hope you are wrong. I think there may be more in Limerick too. I do think we look better under Enda McGinley and could avoid the drop. I am not sure Fermanagh will be strong enough for promotion either - I think they have dropped off a lot.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 19, 2022, 11:40:52 AM
(Antrim person) I really hope you are wrong. I think there may be more in Limerick too. I do think we look better under Enda McGinley and could avoid the drop. I am not sure Fermanagh will be strong enough for promotion either - I think they have dropped off a lot.

Best of luck imtommygunn.

Maybe we all should simply hope Laois and Louth get relegated!!!!

imtommygunn

ABA - anyone but antrim  ;D

It'll be an interesting division. I have no idea where we would stand relative to Longford for example and probably could say the same for most counties in there. You maybe have more context as there are a lot of Leinster counties in there. I do suspect the division will be very competitive. If we have progressed under McGinley then I think mid table or if we revert to type bottom but I am hopeful on the former!

I would be surprised if Laois get relegated. Louth really depends. They are a possibility but it depends how they take to Harte longer term.

full moon

Antrim are an improved side, was a good win over Down in McKenna cup. Laois also had a good win over Kildare tonight. I'd agree Fermanagh have dropped off a bit. Be interesting if Harte has made anything of Louth also.

SCFC

Looking like a very hard division to call.
Wicklow probably favourites to be relegated (I'd be delighted if they avoided it myself) and maybe Westmeath looking like the team to beat.
Hopefully, we (Laois) can get off to a good start in Ardee on Sunday. Would settle for a dirty, hard fought, one point win!

tintin25

Definitely a hard division to call.  Can't see any one team running away with it.  Most of the teams are capable of beating each other.  From a Fermanagh perspective I'm obviously hoping they push for promotion but hard to gauge where they are at.  Donnelly is a big loss.  Would expect Ryan Jones and possibly Stephen McGullion to come in for the Antrim game.  A young team in the main with plenty of potential but worried about Antrim on Saturday.

FermGael

Quote from: tintin25 on January 28, 2022, 04:21:57 PM
Definitely a hard division to call.  Can't see any one team running away with it.  Most of the teams are capable of beating each other.  From a Fermanagh perspective I'm obviously hoping they push for promotion but hard to gauge where they are at.  Donnelly is a big loss.  Would expect Ryan Jones and possibly Stephen McGullion to come in for the Antrim game.  A young team in the main with plenty of potential but worried about Antrim on Saturday.

Make no mistake about it that is a poor a Fermanagh performance I have seen in Brewster park in a long while.
Antrim were well worth the win.
Our midfield was destroyed by Mick McCann who just waltzed around Brewster Park like he owned the place.  He should have been sent off for a second yellow in the first half but the referee bottled it .
We butchered three goal opportunities in the first half but once Antrim had the goal we just capitulated.
Antrim very well drilled. Know where and how to foul .
Kept Fermanagh outside the 45 for most of the game and away from the scoring zones. They isolated Eastwood time and time again and he either scored or set up the majority of Antrim scores..
Fermanagh players didn't look like they wanted to move the ball quick, preferring to go backwards and sidewards as they don't have anybody up the pitch.
Massive game week away to Wicklow
Lose that and we are relegated
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

imtommygunn

This is definitely a tough division to call.

Shamrock Shore

Longford were very poor in the first half against Limerick but improved in the second half.

The new man will need to patch up the defence and start his best forwards for the visit of Louth next Sunday or else we're looking at a relegation dogfight........

bannside

Promising start for Antrim. Expect us to be very competitive in this division. Survival for a year was the priority, but I think that mindset has switched to let's give this a proper lash and see where it takes us. I've been round too many corners with Antrim teams who have failed to kick on, but this group from management down look to have the tools to do that. The visit of Limerick on Saturday to Belfast will provide a stern test for sure of where we are.

Hoof Hearted

How much are the tickets for these matches this seaon
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012