Laois Senior Football Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbo

I over-estimated Graigue and didn't give emo enough credit.
Fair play. They were a different team than I've seen all year.

For all the talk of reducing numbers in our championship...and I agree with the idea...the heath should have beaten emo and now one is intermediate (and could well end up there for a while) and the other is in a semi-final.

Laois Rising

Robbo, your point shows how in reality little separates a lot of clubs in Laois. Emo went from county finalists to being relegated twelve months later not that many years ago. O'Dempseys, Ballyliaian, Killeshin have followed up making county finals with hugely disappointing seasons to follow.

Spiritof86

Fair play to Emo . Did not see that coming . Saw Graigue a couple of times and thought they'd have too much for Emo who had serious fire in there belly and there tackling was ferocious.
If they manage to bring this to the table next day against Port they could rattle them . Local Derby etc Emo will relish this .

Laoiseabu

I expect Portarlington to have a bit to spare over Emo. I think Ballyroan vs Portlaoise will be 50/50 and could go either way . Anyone know where Adam Dunne from ballyroan is ? I haven't seen him this year since Laois u20 footballers lost to Wicklow

Laoiseabu

I haven't seen Conor Brennan, Liam Delaney , Ciaran Carroll , John Rogers or Adam Brennan either  . They would of been key players for ballyroan in previous years

Pugwash

I can't help but feel despite Graigue making the 2020 county final, they were too slow to integrate younger players into the starting 15 over the last few years and now it's caught up with them.

Anyone who was in attendance last night would have noticed a lot of the old guard weren't starting, Birdy, Bobby Doyle, Chris Hurley, Ross Alcock etc but they all did for the county final.

Fast forward two months, you could tell a number of those players who started for Graigue last night were very raw and Emo exposed them. Only for very poor finishing in the first half, Emo could have been comfortably up at half time.

I think a rebuild is needed in Graigue now, which isn't a bad thing especially with a lot of talent coming through at minor level. Whilst their juniors didn't have a great year this year by all accounts, they've a number of good players who probably should be on the senior panel who aren't for whatever reason, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

I'd expect Portarlington and Portlaoise to make the final, The Town look they're peaking nicely despite being lucky to beat O'Dempseys.

Blow-in

Thank god we won't hear Shaq, Birdy, Dicey nicknames on the streaming service for the rest of the champ. Can't understand why nicknames are used

SCFC

Quote from: Laoiseabu on October 20, 2021, 05:24:04 PM
I haven't seen Conor Brennan, Liam Delaney , Ciaran Carroll , John Rogers or Adam Brennan either  . They would of been key players for ballyroan in previous years
Better players have come through to take their places and they are getting better performances and results.

BallyroanAbu

Adam Dunne - Rugby with Cashel
Adam Brennan - not playing
Ciaran Carroll - Moved away to Cork has recently returned
John Rodgers - Rugby
Liam Delaney concentrated on Hurling
Conor Brennan has a rough time with injuries

We are lucky enough we have numbers to cope with it.

town1980

I'm obviously gonna back my own club at the weekend we have been poor but are still there we will be defensive hate it been honest.
Portlaoise v portArlington final and port to win it which one though  8) :)

SCFC

Quote from: town1980 on October 25, 2021, 10:42:20 PM
I'm obviously gonna back my own club at the weekend we have been poor but are still there we will be defensive hate it been honest.
Portlaoise v portArlington final and port to win it which one though  8) :)
There's only one Port....

Smellyball

I am so ashamed that I'm only 17 out 18 for my predictions  :-[
To save myself further embarrassment I'm not going to make any predictions for the semis. All I have to say is both finalists names will begin with P.

town1980

the pitch is gona be like a swamp dont be surprised if its called off if it stays raining its not the best at the minute

portlaoisekid

Portarlington will win and win very well.

Portlaoise vs Ballyroan will be very tight, cant see a whole lot between them.Maybe another dose of extra time .....

The PRO

Conditions could be terrible for both games on Sunday. Who'd have foreseen that playing every senior championship game on the one pitch would have caused the pitch to tear up? ::)
Port v Emo. I didn't expect Emo to beat Graigue but it was fully deserved. I think Port will surely end their good run though.
Portlaoise v B Abbey. I think Ballyroan Abbey will edge it. Their young lads are a lot better than Portlaoise's.