GAA Discussion > GAA Discussion

County Manager Merry go round

<< < (318/331) > >>

Manning18:

--- Quote from: Silver hill on October 19, 2021, 08:04:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Duine Eile on October 18, 2021, 08:44:28 PM ---Not technically a manager but announced this evening that Cian O’Neill has joined Padraic Joyce’s backroom team as coach.

--- End quote ---

Another man who’s stealing a living on the circuit.
I’d put him in the same bracket as Poacher and tally.
Complete bluffers but some county/club always fool enough to take them on, irrespective of traci record of continued failure.

--- End quote ---

What are you talking about? He has an impeccable record as a coach from his time with Tipp (fitness), Mayo and Kerry. Word was he was one of the most innovative coaches in the country and his training sessions were excellent. His stints into management since have been mixed, but Galway aren't looking for a manager, just a trainer which they've lacked bigtime supposedly over th past 2 years

thebackbar1:
The press statement from Galway GAA is telling "The Kildare man will join Padraic Joyce next season as a coach."

"a coach" not "the coach"

We haven't seen any detail behind this, how involved will he be ? Its a five hour round trip for him to Galway, its hard to see him coming up to Galway that often, maybe i'm being cynical.

An Fhairche Abu:
We'll see how it goes but it's not like things could get much worse I suppose, you couldn't be that optimistic all the same, would be a miracle turnaround.
Be right back to square one in 2023 I'd say.

Hound:

--- Quote from: yellowcard on October 19, 2021, 09:01:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: Silver hill on October 19, 2021, 08:04:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Duine Eile on October 18, 2021, 08:44:28 PM ---Not technically a manager but announced this evening that Cian O’Neill has joined Padraic Joyce’s backroom team as coach.

--- End quote ---

Another man who’s stealing a living on the circuit.
I’d put him in the same bracket as Poacher and tally.
Complete bluffers but some county/club always fool enough to take them on, irrespective of traci record of continued failure.

--- End quote ---

You can't underestimate an ability to sell yourself, talk the coaching lingo and give a good powerpoint presentation.

--- End quote ---
The title of the thread is incredibly apt. Same names going round and round. It's hard to get on this merry go round, but it's harder to get off!

thebackbar1:

--- Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on October 19, 2021, 11:49:22 AM ---We'll see how it goes but it's not like things could get much worse I suppose, you couldn't be that optimistic all the same, would be a miracle turnaround.
Be right back to square one in 2023 I'd say.

--- End quote ---

If players walk away it will get worse, if Mayo progress on the current path with proper s&c and Galway don't the gap will get wider, no doubt about it. Standing still is going backwards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version